Patient Care Assistant II (Sterile Supplies Assistant) – Hong Kong Children’s Hospital
Job title: Patient Care Assistant II (Sterile Supplies Assistant) – Hong Kong Children’s Hospital
Job description: Rank
Patient Care Assistant II
Sterile Supplies Unit, Hong Kong Children’s Hospital (HKCH), Kowloon Central Cluster
HK$17,888 – HK$22,357 per month (Please see Remarks 2 & 5)
Key Responsibilities :
Count and check the used surgical instruments and accessories before decontamination process.
Undertake decontamination, washing and disinfection of used instruments and utensils by the use of appropriate machinery and washing cycles.
Hand wash certain types of instruments.
Operate, test and clean various types of sterilizer, washer-disinfector, ultrasonic cleaner, heat sealing machine, computer and report for any abnormality.
Monitor the critical parameters of sterilizer and wash-disinfector at the end of each functioning cycle.
Maintain the daily and periodical records of the related devices.
Perform manufacture / expiry date stamping on the sterilized goods.
Perform duties in surgical instruments and accessories care, including maintenance service, dismantling, cleansing, disinfection, drying, inspection, assembling, packing, sterilization and dispatching.
Perform duties in packing, sterilization and dispatching of linen packs and dressings.
Management of instrument stores (sterile / clean).
Inventory keeping of instrument, accessories and consumable and record keeping of department activities.
Co-ordinate with external suppliers and other hospital departments.
Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
F.5/ S.5 or equivalent (see Remark 1);
Possession of at least one of the following Certificates of Competency for Boilers & Pressure Vessels Ordinance based on duty requirements (see Remark 5):
Class III All Electrically Heated Boilers (including automatically controlled) and Steam Receivers;
Class V Special Purpose Boilers as Specified: Steam Heated Boilers only;
Class VI Steam Receivers;
Completion of structured departmental training (see Remark 5);
Good command of English and Chinese, written and spoken.
Experience in reprocessing operating theatre instruments.
Able to work independently, self-motivated, well-organized and be responsible.
For Serving HA Staff
1. Serving staff with F.3/ S.3 standard and 2 years’ care-related work experience may also be considered.
2. The selected candidate will be offered either contract or fixed term appointment for up to 1-3 years depending on his/her existing employment terms. The offer of salary for serving employees upon changes in appointment will be determined based on the remuneration package / employment terms of the staff concerned and prevailing policies.
For External Applicants
3. Appointment will be on contract terms for up to 1-3 years. 5% of total basic salary may be offered as end-of-contract gratuity upon completion of contract with satisfactory performance.
4. Retiring / retired HA staff who wish to continue working for HA after their normal retirement may also apply. If selected, the terms and conditions of employment will be offered in accordance with prevailing policies of the Retired and Rehire Mechanism of HA.
For All Applicants
5. Applicants who do not meet entry requirements (2), (3), if find suitable, will be employed to undergo at least 6 months’ on the job training including the structured departmental training and certified boiler / equipment sterilizer operation training. During the training period, they will be appointed as Patient Care Assistant II at a monthly salary of $17,888. After the training period of at least 6 months and passing the end of training assessment on skills and performance, their monthly salary will be adjusted to $19,676. Employment may be terminated if the selected applicant cannot pass the assessment after training.
6. Required to work shifts and irregular hours, during typhoons, rainstorms and other emergencies.
7. Required to wear uniform, N-95 mask and other personal protective devices if needed.
8. May be required to work in another work location to meet service needs of the HA.
9. The renewal/extension of appointment will be subject to service needs and job performance.
Please submit application online on or before 3 November 2021. For enquiries, please telephone 3513 3305 or 3513 3310.
Expected salary: HKD17888 – 22357 per month
Location: Kowloon, Hong Kong
Job date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 05:04:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Patient #Care #Assistant #Sterile #Supplies #Assistant #Hong #Kong #Childrens #Hospital