Payment Business Development Manager (Japan) – Global Fintech Startup
Job title: Payment Business Development Manager (Japan) – Global Fintech Startup
Job description: About the company:
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it’s a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 10 million+ users on its platform today, with the world’s fastest growing crypto app, along with the Crypto.com Visa Card — the world’s most widely available crypto card, the Crypto.com Exchange, and the Crypto.com DeFi Wallet.
Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have ISO/IEC 27701:2019, CCSS Level 3, ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance, and independently assessed at Tier 4, the highest level for both NIST Cybersecurity and Privacy Frameworks.
Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 2500+ strong team. Find out more by visiting
About the role:
The Payment Business Development Manager, Japan will report to the head of Payment, Japan and be responsible for take a lead or support product development / localization / enhancement, business planning as well as the regulatory license application, The position is an important role at the Japan office to prepare for launch and grow the payment product / business, collaborating with our crypto product to accelerate the corporate vision of “cryptocurrency in every wallet”. You are expected to work closely with different internal functions for both local and international as well as external stakeholders, such as regulators, issuer processor, international payment network, law offices, banks, technology partners, industry associations.
In this role, you will:
- Support a Japan Payment Product and Business development focused on conceiving, building, localizing and launching user-focused, high-quality products that connect and grow our ecosystem from overall project plan development to execution.
- Support of all payment workstreams, such as Wallet Development, Card acquiring for topup, local ATM access, issuer processor instance localization, that are necessary to launch our digital prepaid and wallet app in Japan.
- Work closely with international teams, such as crypto product, customer support, risk, operation, finance, as well as business leadership to launch our product and deliver our product value proposition to the Japan market.
- Engage with Compliance for the regulatory license application efforts, working with internal stakeholders (eg Legal, ITSecurity, etc) and external stakeholder (external Legal Counsel, consultants, business partners) to assure quality and accurate response(s)/submission(s) to regulators with regard to licensing.
- Support the development and execution of market entry / growth strategy, pricing strategy to ensure best-in-class in markets through collaboration with other functions.
- Facilitate the discussion on business and product improvements based on research and competitive trends to ensure product ideas and features / benefits tailored for the Japan market. Write technical documents, manage technical backlogs, and effectively prioritize new features.
- Take a lead or support on managing external-party relationships / stakeholders, such as regulators, law offices, banks, issuer processor, payment network, technology partners, industry associations.
- 10+ years experience of relevant experience in consumer financial / payment services organizations
- Experience in the Japanese market is required.
- Payment business expertise is must, preferably experience in prepaid, wallet app, retail banking, related license application process and regulation;
- Knowledge of the Payment Services Act (資金決済法), Financial Instruments and Exchange Act (金融商品取引法), Act on Sales etc.of Financial Instruments (金融商品販売法) a plus;
- Experience interacting with local regulators (FSA / METI) a plus;
- Excellent communication skill both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner for both Japanese and English.
- Ability to work within and lead a cross functional team, locally and internationally
- Knowledge of product development life cycle
- Knowledge and experience of crypto business is plus
- Understanding of financial performance of the product portfolios
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Understands internal/external partner and customer needs, establishing credibility and building positive relationships
- Strong interpersonal skill, negotiation, time management, attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Analytical thinking and business acumen
What you can expect from us?
- We offer an attractive compensation package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech.
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team
- You will get to have involvement in developing a brand new product from scratch alongside with a talented team
Job date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 22:33:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Payment #Business #Development #Manager #Japan #Global #Fintech #Startup