PROCESS SAFETY ENGINEER
Job title: PROCESS SAFETY ENGINEER
Company: Qatar Petroleum
Job description: Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for
all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures
arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products,
synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QP’s strategy of
conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA)
andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas
companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha,
Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore
production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures
isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed
to one thing aboveall: Excellence.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT (REFINING)
Primary purpose of job
Co-ordinate and assist in the development of Refining Operations (Refinery & Chemical Plant) risk management from
process safety perspective. Plan, Implement, manage, and continually improve the Process Safety Management (PSM)
Systems and provide support to other departments when required for process safety issues. Ensure compliance with legal
regulations, corporate, audit, and insurance requirements. Provide and decide technical process safety requirements to
ensure the management of risk in the design stage of modifications and projects. Assure incorporation of fire and loss
preventive measures at design, execution, and commissioning of facilities. Collect, analyse, and advise the head of process
safety for the leading and lagging process safety key performance indicators.
Experience & Skills
- Member of recognized Professional Safety Organization
- 15 years of experience in the field of Process Safety. Including 10 years of experience in Operations and Process
- Extensive knowledge of International Codes and Standards,
- Clear and Effective Communication skills. Proficient in English.
- Strong Leadership capabilities, Proficiency in Microsoft applications and Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to perform field inspections, perform risk assessment, review/prepare proposals, and reports, communicate well
orally, in writing, interpret, and analyse data.
- Ability to work effectively with various personnel and in teams and be flexible in work assignments.
- Require excellent knowledge in OSHA PSM, CCPS, API, NFPA, and OGP guidelines.
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering discipline with recognized safety courses.
Location: Doha, Qatar – Dukhan, Qatar
Job date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 06:47:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#PROCESS #SAFETY #ENGINEER