Professor, Medical Education
Job title: Professor, Medical Education
Company: United Arab Emirates University
Job description: Job Description
United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a Full Professor position in the Department of Medical Education. Candidate’s academic accomplishments need to meet the requirements for a Full Professor and has a minimum experience of 10 years in medical education. The candidate needs to demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills, show commitment to education excellence and innovation. The candidate needs to have experience and understanding of contemporary medical education issues. Background: the College of Medicine & Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University implements a six-year undergraduate medical program. The program is divided into 3 two-year blocks comprised of Premedical, Preclinical and Clinical programs. The duties of the post outlined below are not exhaustive and the post holder will be expected to be flexible and supportive of building a strong medical education department.
- Working closely with the Assistant Dean for Medical Education and Academic Affairs and Department chairs
- Provide input and recommendations to the Dean, Vice Dean, Program Directors and University on issues relating to existing and proposed new medical education and training activities
- Responsible for special projects as delegated by the Dean/Assistant Deans regarding undergraduate and postgraduate education and training
- Provide support and advice to the Dean/Vice Dean in matters pertaining to the accreditation of undergraduate and postgraduate medical programs
- Liaise with Program Directors, Course Coordinators and faculty to develop an effective medical education curriculum meeting the needs of an evolving healthcare system.
- Supervise delivery of medical education curriculum in collaboration with Program Directors by ensuring the availability of optimal learning resources (library, teaching laboratories, clinical skills training and simulation, media resources, electronic teaching resources, IT support)
- Contribute to development and promotion of the integration of clinical skills and simulation based curriculum activities with placement based learning experiences
- Assist in supporting teaching and assessment through faculty development programs and faculty mentoring.
- Develop/Update policies and procedures for effective management of the curriculum
- Oversees curriculum reform and develop plans for regular curriculum reform and assessment improvement
- Developing and enforcing appropriate quality assurance measures in education and faculty development
- Develop annual report on Medical Education activities
- Must hold a Masters or PhD in medical education
- Has an MD or MBBS
- Has a minimum of 10 years’ experience serving in an academic institution with a Department of Medical Education.
- Has a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a medical administrator in an approved medical school
- Has a publication record to ensure that they may be appointed at the rank of professor.
- The successful candidate will be an innovator and be willing to work with a team.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Medical Education – (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic – Faculty
Salary 30000 – 40000 UAE Dirhams per month, based on experience
Location: Abu Dhabi
Job date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 07:18:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Professor #Medical #Education