Program Assistant – Communications & Placement
Job title: Program Assistant – Communications & Placement
Job description: Program Assistant – Communications & Placement – Syed Ahsan Ali and Syed Maratib Ali School of Education – SOE
Sunday, August 8, 2021
To provide support to SOE’s programmatic functions
SOE Admissions (March – July):
- Supervising the SOE’s admissions process working very closely with SOE’s marketing team and the LUMS admissions office.
- Ensuring compliance and timely completion of the admissions cycle.
- Coordinating with the LUMS admissions office regarding applicant data, interview schedules and dispatch of the offer letters.
SOE Career Placements Program:
- Designing and leading the SOE Career Placement Program with Program Associate- Strategy for ELM and Executive ELM programmes.
- Managing and arranging job preparation events, workshops and professional development seminars for MPhil students.
- Coordinating with potential employers and to come to SOE for Mock Interviews, Graduate Networking Events and hiring interviews.
- Coordinating with partnerships office to build on networking partners and potential employers.
Coordination of Dean’s Office at SOE:
- Performing activities relating to communication and coordination (within the department and externally), including typing various documents, such as emails, announcements, minutes, reports, etc.
- Providing support in streamlining processes for the area/department: Coordinate regular meetings between SOE faculty, staff and the Dean
- Coordination with external stakeholders, advisory board, research and policy networks in Pakistan and abroad
- Assisting in managing the Dean’s weekly and monthly work flow: development of termly, monthly and weekly agenda
- Strategy and coordination with SOE offices to ensure targets are met.
External strategic engagements at SOE:
- Assisting Program Associate – Strategy in developing donor reports, policy and concept notes
- Coordinating meetings and deadlines on projects with external stakeholders, government and policy makers
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Assisting in the planning of policy roundtables, research panels, visits by international delegations and faculty
Program Support at SOE:
- Assist and coordinate during the faculty hiring cycle: development and implement of recruitment strategy, advertisement in local and international markets, application compilation and file reviews and coordination with search committee.
- Reporting and Content Development- Assist in writing of the Graduate Handbook, Annual Reports, Event write-ups, ; Dean’s official email notifications and communication, templates for strategic documents
Faculty Coordination and Support:
- Coordinate regular meetings between SOE faculty, Dean and Director Academic Programs for the purpose of advancing academics and research directives.
- Document all internal faculty committees, set agendas for committee meetings, and develop list of official policies and protocols for SOE faculty.
- Facilitate cross collaboration among faculty for meeting curricular goals and timelines.
*This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts or requirements associated with the job. The department reserves the right to alter/revise the job or to require that different/additional tasks be performed as assigned.
Work Schedule/Work Environment/Travel:
Standard LUMS office timings. During the Covid-19 situation, you may be allowed to work from home, which will require you to create a suitable work environment for yourself (internet connectivity, an environment that supports your productivity at home per your own preferences and working style, setting your own work-hours, etc.).
Note: Please mention “Program Assistant – Communications & Placement” in the email subject for your application to be considered.
- Business communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills (ability to prioritize tasks)
- Ability to multi-task
- Analytical skills
- High organization skills and efficiency
- Good Language skills (English and Urdu)
Four years bachelor’s degree from HEC-recognized institute
- Strong writing skills (A writing sample will be requested from shortlisted candidates)
Job date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 22:21:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Program #Assistant #Communications #Placement