Programme Manager – Roche Customer Projects – Initial 12-month contract starting in July 2021 (Territory: UK/All Ireland)
Job title: Programme Manager – Roche Customer Projects – Initial 12-month contract starting in July 2021 (Territory: UK/All Ireland)
Job description: Are you looking for a programme management role in which the work you do really matters? Does a rewarding career with a progressive, world-leading company in biotech and medical diagnostics, with Fortune 500 ranking, excite you?
If you’ve replied yes to these questions, we welcome you to apply to a new opportunity as a Programme Manager at Roche Diagnostics UK & Ireland, whose Head Office is based in Southeast England.
Overview of Customer Projects Team
Roche Diagnostics UK & Ireland is in an exciting phase of growth, where the business is channeling its energy, focus, functions and processes towards enhancing customer and patient experience in the countries it operates in.
A critical aspect of this new strategic direction is the transformation of the Customer Projects Team, which includes the expansion of the team’s deliverables and responsibilities to the customer. Due to this expansion, Roche has an exciting opportunity for an experienced programme manager to join the Customer Projects Team. Reporting into the Head of Customer Projects, the individual will be responsible for the delivery of medium and long term projects in the NHS and private laboratories across the UK and Ireland; focusing on the implementation of a wide range of products.
The successful candidate will provide oversight to the implementation of a portfolio of projects across multiple accounts, while managing key stakeholders, maintaining programmes and reviewing project documentation and mitigating high-level risks and issues.
The role will involve working closely with Project Managers tasked with overseeing implementation of Roche instrumentation, and interfacing directly with key internal and external stakeholders.
The individual will utilise Roche best practices, and adopt Prince2, agile and lean methodologies to coordinate quality implementations and ensure their portfolio of projects stay on track to meet agreed deadlines. With a strong focus on customer satisfaction they will closely collaborate with the sales team at tender stage through to project completion, thus seizing every opportunity to expand the customer relationship for the contract life time.
Please note that the position will initially focus on managing a complex portfolio of installations for a broad range of customers, so we seek to make this role location agnostic, in lieu of a need for some travel to customer sites across the UK.
- Represent Customer Projects team at meetings with the customer (i.e. Project Steering Committees) and establish strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate smooth implementation – from tender award to handover, ensuring an enhanced customer experience
- Work with Customer Projects team colleagues to review and enhance governance, policies, and procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure continual improvement of Project Management and Project Control methodologies, which will help achieve consistently high standards
- Work closely with Project Managers to actively communicate programme and project progression, changes and risks throughout solution implementation
Coordinate Solution Implementation
- Coordinate implementation of Roche Programmes and Projects which will include actively monitoring project plans (under their portfolio), and coordinating Project Managers to ensure floor plan sign off, production of Gantt chart and project phasing with timelines and product ordering via supply chain team
- Provide input into prioritisation of projects and work with Senior Project Manager to assign projects
- Ensure appropriate sign off / approvals at outset of project and at specific intervals during project life-cycle
- Proactively mobilise and coordinate Roche project team to maximise efficiency and fulfill customers’ needs post-award
Manage different stakeholders at customer sites
- Escalation point of contact for ‘Customer Projects’ work package
- Coordinate key meetings at the customer sites to ensure communication flow and actively communicate programme and project progression, changes and risks to stakeholders
- Escalation point (above Project Manager) of contact for any work package
Coordinate Roche stakeholders
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating Roche teams pulling together an holistic project plan
- Develop close relationship and clear communication channels with Commercial teams and supporting functions
- Work with workflow consultants and architects from start to completion of project, with the aim of finalising an optimal solution for the customer
- Work closely with Project Managers to oversee and coordinate Roche Technical Services installation team, as per project plan, including IT, Application and Engineering experts
- Develop clear communication channels with all the stakeholders and facilitate progress updates
Manage Solution Implementation
- Onsite responsibilities including: i) monitor construction progress; ii) coordinate stakeholders (facilities, architects, mechanical and structural engineers etc.); iii) solve and coordinate construction issues; and iv) manage installation activities as per plan
- Maintain full involvement and serve as primary contact throughout programme and project lifecycle
- Pushes decision making to the lowest appropriate level and develops others’ confidence in their ability to make those decisions.
- Develop value added proposal to demonstrate project delivery post-award
- Present Solution Implementation Manager Role to key Accounts
Who you are
Educated to Bachelor degree or equivalent in Project Management and/or Sciences.
Candidates will have a strong track record in coordinating the entire project management life cycle from design to delivery & complete handover of turnkey solutions. Ideally, they will have gained this experience within the healthcare industry or with high capital value equipment.
Outstanding communication skills are essential with the ability to communicate credibly at all levels; influence key stakeholders in a highly complex cross-functional environment and build collaborative relationships to ensure seamless project delivery.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualification in PRINCE2, and/or knowledge of similar methodology
- Experience in managing a portfolio of projects
- Project management life cycle experience from design to delivery
- Fluent in English language both written and oral
- Experience in programme management methodologies (MSP)
- Experience in developing project/service management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Experience in writing high quality Client Proposals and Statement of Work documents including commercial elements
- Demonstrable ability to develop knowledge of complex instruments and organisational structure
- Strong pre-sales and commercial acumen
- Solid understanding and experience in risk and issue management
- Demonstrates excellent commercial awareness and business acumen; knowledge of project budgeting and financial management.
- Mastery in developing trusted partner relationships from working level to Executive level
- Flexible, able to adapt to change, and adjust project management techniques to customer needs and environment
- Curious and inquisitive; driven to enhance service delivery by learning about the Roche portfolio
- Innovative thinker; with the ability to challenge established practice and identify effective improvements.
- Self aware and emotionally intelligent; you will be able to “makes things happen” by way of your integrity and energy
- Assertive but diplomatic, sensitive to cultural and political issues
- Solution focused, a custodian of a “no blame” culture
- Demonstrable confidence when dealing with uncertainty and the ability to challenge effectively
Investing in you
Roche is a company that not only invests in its business – over £6.5 billion in R&D worldwide, including £460 million in the UK alone last year – but equally importantly in its people.
What this means for you is, not only a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, but also a genuine interest in your development and progression.
All of which has ranked Roche number 4 in the UK 2020 Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For.
Want to find out what it really means to be part of our customer projects team at Roche Diagnostics:
Meet Amal, one of our Roche Insiders from Technical Services and ask her questions while exploring her story on our Roche careers’ platform:
Application closing date: 1st June 2021
Please find Roche Diagnostics’ Candidate Privacy Notice posted on roche.co.uk: https://www.roche.co.uk/content/dam/rochexx/roche-co-uk/downloads/Roche_Diagnostics_Limited_Candidate_Privacy_Notice.pdf
Any offer we make for this role will be conditional upon a satisfactory standard Disclosure and Barring Services check/Garda Vetting. A copy of our Disclosure and Barring Services Check/Garda Vetting Company Policy is available upon request.
Location: United Kingdom – Ireland
Job date: Wed, 19 May 2021 22:56:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Programme #Manager #Roche #Customer #Projects #Initial #12month #contract #starting #July #Territory #UKAll #Ireland