Project Sourcing Manager, Indirect; Vantaa Finland
Job title: Project Sourcing Manager, Indirect; Vantaa Finland
Company: Valmet Automotive EV Power Oy
Job description: Introduction:
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally almost 6.000 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering – paired with outstanding manufacturing competence – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our new Electric Vehicle Business Line (EVBL) we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
You will be responsible for Indirect Project Investments sourcing in accordance with purchasing strategy and as well for the Purchasing of needed Non-Production Materials and Services and Sub-Contracting agreements. You’ll work with suppliers all the way through the bidding process, contract negotiations and supplier selection. You keep up to date on technology vendor market trends and develop existing sourcing processes with principles of continuous improvement. Your internal stakeholders include (example), Manufacturing Engineering, R&D, Maintenance and Facility Services, which you support all the way from small purchases to inclusive investments projects
– Forecast and communicate the project’s Indirect engineering, equipment, materials, Professional Services and Manufacturing requirements for suppliers.
– Manages and coordinates Indirect Sourcing activities through the product development process and collaborates with engineering teams to interpret engineering requirements. (where applicable also represents sourcing in quality gates review).
– Responsible for maintaining the Production Equipment Investment plans including follow-up of schedule and budget in alignment with the Project Team
– Leads the Project Specific Sourcing activities and provides the link from Project to Category Sourcing team to ensure visibility of Project Requirements from external service providers
– Utilizes the preferred supplier selection and assessment process when proposing suppliers for project (based on Category Sourcing alignment). Completes supplier risk assessment on critical and unique equipment and Services. Monitors supplier performance (delivery, quality, cost) in project phase. Coordinates activities around source selection, specification creation with key stakeholders.
– Manages projects material purchases in project phase with support of Sourcing colleagues.
– Escalates issues to Category Sourcing & Program Management when necessary.
– Project Sourcing Manager, Indirect reports to the Manager, Indirect Sourcing inside Sourcing & SQ organization
We expect you to have:
– A degree in business administration or engineering
– Several years of experience in strategic sourcing working in a multi-cultural cross-functional teams. (i.e. supplier portfolio management, supplier selection, contract making and price negotiation), experience in working in international environment as advantage
– Experience in sourcing of following would be beneficial for the role: Production Line Equipment, Facility maintenance, repair and construction projects, Professional Services
– Excellent collaboration skills and working in matrix organizational set-up
– A proven track record of delivering results
– Strong Project Management skills
– Excellent interpersonal and networking skills complimented by strong communication and coordination skills
– Assertive, results-oriented and proactive person in advancing new ideas and different approaches
– Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
– Fluent English is essential, a level of Fluency in Finnish is beneficial. German language skills are considered to be a significant benefit along with additional languages to support our growing global operations!
This is a most thrilling and responsible position in our new business line, working on one of our strategically most important topics – battery systems for e-mobility. You will be part of Valmet Automotive and part of building the future of automotive mobility and future oriented industrial solutions. Valmet Automotive with its typical Nordic calmness provides an international footprint and an environment which enables employees to go forward and succeed with their jobs. Where a long heritage as one of the world’s most significant car builders meets up with the spirit of unlimited opportunities is Valmet Automotive, offering you a sense of accomplishment, a good work-life balance and a feeling of creating something new.
Manager, Indirect Sourcing
Please send your application by 15.08.2021
Location: Vantaa, Helsinki
Job date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 04:03:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Project #Sourcing #Manager #Indirect #Vantaa #Finland