Regional Sales Manager – Public Sector South Africa
Job title: Regional Sales Manager – Public Sector South Africa
Company: Cisco Systems
Job description: Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role is not open today, but will open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Cisco South Africa seeks an Executive Regional Sales Manager with a strong background in executive-level communication, building customer and partner relationships, and territory planning, segmentation, and execution.
This role involves positioning and promoting the partner value proposition, leading account managers in the pipeline development and expansion, as revenue performance; building new customer and partner relationships and reinforcing existing relationships, and representing company in front of local government.
- Lead and manage sales force including both account manager team and system engineering team, and advocate people development efforts
- Be responsible for an annual booking/revenue quota with significant growth in subsequent years.
- Develop and execute sales strategy and tactics that maximize Cisco opportunity within the customer environment
- Along with sales planning, be responsible for accurate forecasting
- Direct customer contact will comprise a major portion of this assignment
- Need to make important resource decisions that apply both corporate and account team resources to new opportunities
Skills and Experience
- 15+ years of sales / BD experience with intensive management experience leading a diverse sales and technical team in the South Africa Public Sector environment.
- Possess strategic business sense in balance with strong execution capability to deliver result, and can succeed as a leader and mentor in a demanding and rewarding sales environment
- Must have both the sales skills and technical knowledge to make presentations and lead customer discussions to advance the sales process
- Must have experience in sales through channel partners
- Must have experience with larger, more complex deals as well as with offers-led, turnkey offers through channel partners and distributors
- Understand a broad range of Cisco technologies required
- BS degree – Master level Business qualification preferred
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it’s transforming our customers’ businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Job date: Fri, 09 Jul 2021 22:03:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Regional #Sales #Manager #Public #Sector #South #Africa