REMOTE USA – Linux Systems Engineer III – Automation
Job title: REMOTE USA – Linux Systems Engineer III – Automation
Job description: LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group is a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services that provide market-specific solutions.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions -Explore our passion for discovery
Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We’re adaptable, curious and ambitious. That’s why here, you’ll have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more.
Patented Identity Management
We use our proprietary linking technology in combination with our own unique identifier, LexID®, to resolve, match and manage information to help customers fight fraud, mitigate risk and remain compliant.
Linux Systems Engineer III – Automation
REMOTE USA – EST and CST time zones
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is seeking a Systems Engineer III with proven industry experience to join our Systems Engineering Team. Our teams are collaborative and forward thinking; the successful candidate will help shape the operations and support for critical Linux based applications, customers and projects, working with Development, QA, Network Operations and Customer Operations Teams.
Candidate must have an aptitude for effective communication and problem resolution, within a fast-paced work environment. The Systems Engineer III will serve as a key member of the Systems Engineering Team and will work with a diverse range of technologies.
Must be a self-starter, work independently, collaborate with diverse technical teams, and assume ownership of issues through to resolution. The role is a visibility position and requires the ability to clearly communicate technical issues and productive solutions to peers, Development Engineers and management.
- 3+ years of Systems Engineering experience required
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Triage and resolve support tickets related to application functionality, IP Whitelisting, problem research, configuration changes, etc.
- Develop solutions to automate repetitive tasks in a common scripting or programming language, (Python preferred, Perl, Bash, Shell or equivalent).
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
- Flexibility to work after hours and weekends to respond to production incidents.
- Excellent Linux troubleshooting
- Knowledge of version control systems and automated pipelines (Git/Gitlab/Jenkins)
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (Nagios, Prometheus)
- Knowledge of web frameworks (Python Flask preferred)
- Knowledge of deploying applications to at least one cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP) using infrastructure as code (Terraform preferred, or Ansible)
- Familiarity of logging technology and deployment (ELK, Datadog)
- Self-starter, takes initiative, can work independently with nominal supervision.
- Ensure that solution and application support documentation is maintained, which includes creating & maintaining knowledge articles.
- Diagnose problems with application programs, common system, or systematic questioning techniques.
- Configure controls; install or troubleshoot programs within multiple system environments.
- Provide prompt recovery and problem escalation for exceptions, extrapolating and integrating information within defined boundaries, using multiple system management and problem management tools.
- Partner closely with development groups, support groups, and vendors to coordinate special operations, and communicate/escalate problems as appropriate to meet assigned deadlines.
- Work closely with support groups to refine system monitoring and reporting and assist in analysis and problem recovery.
- Apply problem-solving skills in multiple operating environments to support assignments involving the execution of a series of related tasks.
- Perform online system functions to assist with tasks encountered in execution of daily responsibilities such as utility functions and editing of files.
- Develop lists/scripts for execution of commonly used processes and automation of simple tasks.
- Accurate implementation of team changes and service requests.
- Through creation, execution, documentation, and closure of tasks, changes, and requests.
- All other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact [email protected] or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Please read our
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Job date: Fri, 07 May 2021 06:07:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#REMOTE #USA #Linux #Systems #Engineer #III #Automation