Reports Officer, NO-B TA (364 Days), Caracas – Venezuela (FOR VENEZUELA NATIONALS ONLY)
Job title: Reports Officer, NO-B TA (364 Days), Caracas – Venezuela (FOR VENEZUELA NATIONALS ONLY)
Job description: UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, An Advocate.
How can you make a difference?
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Resource Mobilization Specialist, the incumbent will support the implementation of the Resource Mobilization strategy, particularly focusing on monitoring donor reports requirements and coordinating the high quality regular and special informational reporting on UNICEF’s work in Venezuela.
Coordinate Donor Reporting and Contributions Management Activities:
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and monitoring of donor interests and information needs. This includes gathering of information, consolidation, editing and production of interim and final reports.
- Edit and advise on layout of donor reports and proposals in cooperation with programme sections and Resource Mobilization Specialist.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Representative, Sections Heads and other key staff to compile, produce and disseminate humanitarian situation reports.
Ensure Harmonization and Standardization of Reporting and Monitoring Mechanisms:
- Assess, in collaboration with the Sections, the existing UNICEF and interagency/partner systems for information collection, storage and management- which eventually feed into donor reporting.
- Propose solutions for harmonization and standardization of reporting and monitoring mechanisms in order to limit parallel reporting and enhance the quality of data collection.
- Roll out monitoring and reporting mechanisms, ensuring adequate training, troubleshooting and revision of mechanisms as required.
Promote Compliance, Utilization and Control Methodologies:
- Work with the Budget Specialist to enhance methods to increase office awareness of the utilization and reporting requirements. Build systems to promote compliance with terms of specified grants and agreements.
- Work with the Budget Unit to promote regular monitoring of utilization/expenditure, expiring funds and funding gaps involving all sections.
- Work with, train and plan regular meetings with programme officers and programme associates to ensure awareness of utilization and reporting requirements and familiarization with contribution SOPs and internal processes.
Support Other Fundraising Efforts to Ensure Adequate Levels of Programme Funding:
- Support proposal preparation and follow-up, as well as compilation of information, editing and layout.
- Support the drafting, review and negotiation of donor contribution agreements in order to ensure country office compliance to UNICEF rules and regulations and reduce transaction costs.
- Assist in the organization of meetings/calls/events with donors.
- Support Caracas and Field offices during donor or other high-level missions to the field in collaboration with Management, Communications, Programmes, Operations, and Field Teams.
- Design and deliver briefing notes for the Representative when necessary. Provide inputs for briefing notes on advocacy, leveraging and fundraising activities as necessary.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required social sciences, development, planning, communication, or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience at national and international level.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (1)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
- Leading and Supervising [ I ],
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I]
- Analyzing [ II ],
- Applying Technical Expertise [ II ]
- Planning and Organizing [ II ]
To view our competency framework, please visit .
Click to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 17 Jun 2021 Venezuela Standard Time
Deadline: 01 Jul 2021 Venezuela Standard Time
Job date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 22:23:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Reports #Officer #NOB #Days #Caracas #Venezuela #VENEZUELA #NATIONALS