Research Sales Head, Malaysia
Job title: Research Sales Head, Malaysia
Company: Merck Group
Job description: A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Malaysia Research Sales Head is responsible for leading, developing, implementing and executing a sales strategy for the Research portfolio, which increases market share, achieves above market growth and empowers a high-performing sales team to success. The role leads the development, implementation and execution of strategic and operational plans that optimise sales outcomes and market share in consultation with Singapore & Malaysia Commercial Leadership Team.
- Create and develop the strategic sales direction for the Research Portfolio for Malaysia.
- Provide entrepreneurial leadership relating to all aspects of development, implementation and communication of the Malaysia Research sales strategy.
- Contribute and execute the Sales growth and Go to Market (GTM) strategies for Malaysia.
- Deliver and drive operational plans with the cross functional team to optimise sales outcomes.
- Lead the implementation of a key account management sales strategy, including the full implementation of the strategic selling model.
- Leverage global and regional Research sales strategies to drive successful implementation of Malaysia Research sales tactical plans, including the implementation of portfolio tools, e.g. sales aids and sales plans.
- Lead, in conjunction with the cross functional team, the development and execution of the research sales strategy as a key component of the GTM strategy.
- Set, align and review the effectiveness of objectives and return on investment of sales and GTM strategies against key performance indicators and effectiveness of sales activities/programs in the field.
- Manage the Research sales budget, including appropriate management of Research sales resources.
- Plan to ensure adequate capabilities and infrastructure across the Research sales organisation to achieve strategic and operational goals.
- Conduct financial analysis and reporting relevant to all Research sales activities and the provide information to line manager and other stakeholders as required.
- Build strong customer relationships and deliver key account customer-centric solutions.
- Develop and deliver multi-mode sales strategies and tactics that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different customers.
- Interact with customer groups and key opinion leaders (KOLs) to make market observations and identify customer and market insights.
- Identify customer insights using market research, competitive intelligence, and understanding of portfolio areas.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of products, company developments, customers, market insights and competitors.
- Work closely with the Marketing, Customer and commercial excellence Leads and other commercial team members to ensure strong execution of strategic imperatives and programs.
- Work collaboratively with distribution and customer excellence teams ensure a tailored customer experience where appropriate.
- Liaise with Regional and Global Research commercial teams and corporate personnel regularly and in support of key tasks.
- Ensure all Research sales activities comply with company procedures and ethical standards and are cost-effective and executed within the defined budget.
- Provide leadership to the dedicated Research sales team and build a high performing team capable of applying their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Create a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organisation achieve its objectives.
- Manage the research sales team’s operational activities and performance, including key account management activities and sales incentive programs/outcomes.
- Provide local functional management support for Malaysia based regional research team members.
- Provide strong cultural and behavioural expectations to sales to ensure a strong performance culture within the sales team. Hold team members accountable for delivery across all functions.
- Take leadership on sales meetings and activities to ensure the goal is clear and delivered through the agenda and communication so these align with the vision and strategic priorities as well as achieve the sales goals.
- Lead the attraction, recruitment and retention of key staff and contribute to the talent and succession management process
- Foster a performance culture and be actively involved in the development, coaching, performance management and training of direct reports.
- Build a culture of clarity and trust within the direct team and organisation through accountability of all functions to communication, respect and clarity on milestone achievement.
- Supports all people to work within company policies, regulatory and industry guidelines and apply company values in their daily activities.
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Take responsibility for leadership and involvement on agreed strategic projects and holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Actively participate and prioritise Leadership meeting participation and contribution to ensure diversified voices are included in the organisation’s decisions
- Actively demonstrates behaviours in accordance with company values and behaviours.
- Maintains a strong commitment to cultural safety and OH&S to ensure protection of health and safety in the workplace.
Who You Are
- Undergraduate qualifications in Science or Business
- Extensive demonstrated experience in a sales management role, inc. directly leading a sales team
- Experience in leading a high performing and diverse team
- Extensive experience in implementing multi-channel sales strategies
- Leadership experience in the life science industry
- Demonstrated experience in working collaborative in a cross functional leadership team
- Excellent verbal, written, negotiation and interpersonal communications skills
- High- level of commercial acumen and numerical reasoning
- High-level of analytical and reporting skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, CRMs & ERPs, analytical and reporting programs and platforms (including SAP, SuccessFactors, salesforce.com)
- Fluency and proficient in spoken and written English
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at
Job Requisition ID: 223103
Location: Petaling Jaya
Career Level: D – Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Job date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 05:41:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Research #Sales #Malaysia