SA SNKE to support the SA-EU Dialogue Facility project on Guidelines for the development of National Blockchain and IoT Framework for South Africa
Job title: SA SNKE to support the SA-EU Dialogue Facility project on Guidelines for the development of National Blockchain and IoT Framework for South Africa
Job description: Project title: Technical Assistance to the “Technical Assistance to the SA-EU Dialogue Facility
The specific objectives of this assignment are:
To outline the guidelines for the development of blockchain and IoT policies which will help to inform the development of these policies and accelerate the implementation of the National Blockchain and IoT policies that will be submitted to the Cabinet for approval and be implemented in the development of the Blockchain and IoT policies.
Senior Non-Key Experts to support the SA-EU Dialogue Facility project on Guidelines for the development of National Blockchain and Internet of Things (IoT) Framework for South Africa.
The assignment will have 4 phases:
Phase 1: Project Initiation and Planning
- Conduct induction for the candidates to have an understanding and context of the objectives of the project.
Phase 2: Research and Policy Framework Drafting
- Commence desktop and best practice research on blockchain and IoT policies guidelines development. Initiate the drafting of the policies guidelines.
- Prepare a draft report on research conducted to be presented at the 2 days webinar.
- Participate in the workshops with partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Incorporate inputs from stakeholders.
- Finalize the framework document for publication.
Phase 3: Consultation and Presentation
- Participate in consultations with external relevant key stakeholders.
- Incorporate inputs from external stakeholders and finalize the framework.
Phase 4: Publication and Implementation
- Finalize the document for publication.
The services to be provided will be:
- Conduct research on Blockchain and Internet of Things policy guidelines for the development of the framework.
- Prepare documentation for workshops and consultations with partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare the final framework for publication.
- Attend workshops and consultations.
- Compile draft and final framework documents.
Period of the assignment: May 2021 – April 2022 (frequency to be determined)
Duration of the assignment: 15 workdays
- Master’s degree and 10 years experience, alternatively Bachelor’s degree and 15 years experience in any of the following fields: Information Technology with a solid understanding of Blockchain or IoT
- Added Advantage if the candidate has Blockchain or IoT certificate
- Experience working with South African policy development is key for this project and will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in the Southern Africa ICT sector will be added advantage.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and drafting skills in English are essential.
Location: South Africa
Job date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 22:32:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#SNKE #support #SAEU #Dialogue #Facility #project #Guidelines #development #National #Blockchain #IoT #Framework #South #Africa