Senior Advisor, Executive Services Division
Job title: Senior Advisor, Executive Services Division
Company: New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Job description: Our people represent New Zealand on and offshore, and in doing so make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. By building connections with and influencing other countries and international institutions, we advance New Zealand’s interests and pursue New Zealand’s values. We provide advice to the Government on the implications for New Zealand of what is happening in the world.
About the role
The Executive Services Division handles the significant amount of Official Information Act (OIA) requests, Ministerial correspondence and other related processes, which is received by the Ministry. You will be joining a dynamic and fast-paced but collegial team, where as a Senior Adviser you will coach and mentor other members of the team. You will also have responsibility for building capability across Ministry business units.
You will work across the Ministry to manage the development of:
- responses to OIA requests for complex and often sensitive information,
- draft responses to Ministerial correspondence and Parliamentary Questions, and
- the proactive release of OIA responses and Cabinet papers.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Adviser with great political nous and proven ministerial services-relevant experience to hit the ground running!
Can you demonstrate the following experience?:
- Work with New Zealand Government systems, particularly around ministerial and parliamentary servicing.
- Apply a working knowledge of the Official Information Act 1982.
- Quickly and confidently develop effective relationships with a range of subject matter experts at all levels of leadership.
- Exercise sound judgement and manage/mitigate risk appropriately.
- Manage multiple tasks well across a wide range of subject areas and adjust priorities as needed
- Be agile and versatile enough to succeed in a senior ministerial-services role, and to support the needs of the wider ESD team as required.
- Provide high quality technical advice and assistance to peers and managers to meet statutory obligations.
- Previous experience working in a secure environment is a great bonus!
We want our people to reflect the diversity of New Zealand and the communities we represent – valuing and respecting the contributions of staff with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives. We value the transferrable skills and points of view that both career and life experience bring to the table. As an employer we are committed to a focus on leadership, talent, training and development, and flexible work options.
If you bring an authentic view of New Zealand’s place in the world, we’d love to hear from you! Apply today with your CV and cover letter!
You must hold a New Zealand Citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate NZ Government Security clearance.
Applications close midnight on Wednesday 26 January 2022.
Job date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 05:14:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Senior #Advisor #Executive #Services #Division