Senior Insurance Specialist (Pilot) Wealth & Personal Banking HSBC China
Job title: Senior Insurance Specialist (Pilot) Wealth & Personal Banking HSBC China
Job description: Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB)
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become a global wealth manager with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team.
In this role, you will:
(Sr)IS is usually deployed to add value to clients with more complex needs, e.g. Premier clients and is assigned to one a team of Premier Relationship Managers, whilst PRMs own the end-to-end advisory and sales process with clients, IS assists PRMs in understanding clients better, meeting clients together with PRMs when required, making suitable recommendations and helping clients understand the value and risks of solutions available to them. In other cases, IS also can own partial sales process once customer decide using insurance products only to achieve his/her financial goals.
At times the (Sr)IS may conduct product training to support and deliver new product launches and lead client education events to help client gain better knowledge of financial markets and financial solutions. (Sr)IPE also needs to follow the needs-based sales process, giving clients a meaningful and consistent wealth experience and ultimately providing an outstanding client experience.
The jobholder is expected to support PRMs to gain more client trust and commitment in broadening and deepening their relationship with HSBC. And increase the effectiveness and quality of needs fulfilled for target clients in need.
Strengthen HSBC’s image as a leading wealth provider by providing clients with access to advanced technical product expertise.
Conduct portfolio reviews with PRMs, assess product suitability and market and regulatory change impact to products held by clients as appropriate, identify opportunities and manage risks,
Join PRMs in meeting clients and provide advice, input based on technical knowledge while acting as a second point of contact to PRMs for specific products and solutions;
Once PRMs identify clients’ intention is to achieve his/her goal only via insurance solution, the PRM can refer this case to IS and the IS can continue the sales process and complete transaction independently.
Improve PRMs product specific technical knowledge by effective on-job coaching and training.
Portfolio Reviews with PRMs
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
1.Knowledge and experience
- Minimum of five years of working experience as a product specialist or financial advisor
- Strong client skills with the ability to deliver a strong client experience and provide needs-based solutions
- Deep knowledge of specific complex financial solutions and products including the knowledge of financial markets, socia-economic dynamics, and regulatory requirement relevant to the products
- Extensive external market awareness of market conditions, new product solutions, and an understanding of current financial market activities
- Demonstrated ability and experience to correctly identify client needs
- Solid skills to manage consultative sales process
- A solid understanding of global anti money laundering standards
- Team player with collaborative skills
- Knowledge of local and Group compliance regulations
- Specialization in one or more product categories e.g. Structured Products/FX/Investments/Trusts/Estate Planning/Retirement/Protection/Mortgage etc.
- Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by market
- Attain any internal standards as required by country
3. Leadership capabilities
- Have or attain an understanding of the immediate regional Global Wealth Strategy and the ability to plan own activities accordingly
- Ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery to colleagues and clients
- Demonstrates ability to set stretch goals for self and the ability to deliver these with courage and tenacity
- Authentic and shows ability to engage with colleagues and clients to deliver at pace
- Make considered decisions that protect HSBC and our clients
4. Global Wealth Management capabilities
- Ability to transfer skills and knowledge by demonstration, coaching and observation
- Disciplined professional who is able to set and follow organized client portfolio process’s by relationship manager in a proactive manner
- Able to work independently to construct technical product analysis to support PRMs and aid PRM experience and client decisions
- Technical coaching skills in area of expertise
- Experienced group presenter
- Proven ability in customizing presentations to meet individual client needs
- A mature individual able to instill confidence with colleagues and clients alike
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within and inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website./HX
Issued by HSBC Bank (China) Company Limited
Job date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 06:27:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Senior #Insurance #Specialist #Pilot #Wealth #Personal #Banking #HSBC #China