Senior IT Data Scientist – Cork, Ireland
Job title: Senior IT Data Scientist – Cork, Ireland
Job description: Company: QT Technologies Ireland Limited
Job Area: Information Technology Group, Information Technology Group
About the role
Qualcomm offers flexible work options tailored to our employee’s needs. These include a combination of work from home and working in our brand new, state of the art office in Penrose Dock, Cork.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform exploratory analysis and feature engineering on a large-scale datasets
- Develop and deploy machine learning and deep learning models to perform predictive, descriptive, and inferential analytics
- Design and deploy algorithms and models to identify trends and relationships in data
- Define and conduct statistical hypothesis testing to ensure machine learning models reliability in production
- Create visualizations to present insights and build operational visualizations to measure trend drifts and outliers
- Assume ownership of new projects from conceptualization to deployment
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices agreed by the team
- Be a part of a global team and collaborate and co-develop solutions
What we are looking for
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Statistics/Operations research with 3+ years of relevant experience in applied machine learning
- An analytical mind and quick objective decision making ability
- 2+ years of experience with Machine learning and Deep learning frameworks
- Experience with feature engineering on large datasets
- 3+ years of experience in Python programming for data analysis (+ relevant packages)
- 2+ years of experience with querying and analyzing large scale data sets writing complex SQL
- Experience working with global team collaborating across time zones
- Working knowledge of implementing an end-to-end Machine Learning Pipeline
- Working knowledge of experiment design and hypothesis testing
We would also love to see
- Experience with Modin/Vaex, Dask or PySpark, Plotly
- Experience with relevant machine learning/deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch
- Understanding of semiconductor and EDA domain
Where you will be working
Cork has a proud reputation as Ireland’s second largest economic engine and is now one of the Top 20 location choices in Europe with 39,000 people being employed by over 170 overseas companies.
There’s a growing diversity in the region with people from many nationalities relocating to Cork, relishing the opportunity to work and live in a location that offers an excellent quality of life.
A gateway to Europe, Cork airport provides access to almost 50 international destinations including transatlantic air routes.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protected classification.
What’s on Offer
Apart from working in an open, relaxed and collaborative space, you will enjoy:
- Salary, stock and performance related bonus
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Employee stock purchase scheme
- Matching pension scheme
- Education Assistance
- Relocation and immigration support
- Life, Medical, Income and Travel Insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bicycle purchase scheme
- Employee run clubs, including, running, football, chess, badminton + many more
Education: See the required degree associated with years of work experience
Work Experiences: 5+ years IT-relevant work experience without a bachelor’s degree
3+ years IT-relevant work experience with Bachelor’s degree
Skills: Computer Engineering, Information Security Awareness, Software Design, Software Development, Troubleshooting
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact .
Job date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 00:22:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Senior #Data #Scientist #Cork #Ireland