Senior Legal Counsel Copenhagen, Denmark
Job title: Senior Legal Counsel Copenhagen, Denmark
Job description: Description
Position at GroupM
We are looking for a senior in-house Legal Counsel to the Nordic business supporting our commercial and client teams across multiple agencies and geographic locations.
The role is newly established providing ample opportunity to influence the scope and design of the position.
About the role
As Senior Legal Counsel in GroupM your main responsibility is to act as In-House Legal Counsel to all our Nordic agencies (Mediacom, Mindshare, Wavemaker as well as our shared specialist functions) located in Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. Key focus will be on supporting our commercial and client teams providing legal expertise in drafting and negotiating client contracts.
As Senior Legal Counsel you will be reporting to the GroupM Nordic CEO based in Copenhagen. However, functionally there will also be a reporting line to the GroupM Global General Counsel based in London – as the role also will form part of the wider GroupM Legal Team.
Travel may be required from time to time.
As well as working closely with the commercial team, the key areas of responsibility for this role are:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on a range of media services, creative content, IT supplier agreements, technology licences, data processing agreements and non-disclosure agreements
- Advising on data related queries, such as data privacy and security issues and the transfer, use and storage of data
- Responsibility for legal aspects of pitch responses and client renegotiations
- Managing & preventing client litigation
- Training and advising the business on risk, compliance, protection matters and relevant aspects of law
- Development/maintenance of user friendly contract templates that can be utilised across the business
- Helping to create a high profile of the legal resource throughout the business and encouraging active legal involvement in operational decision making
- Working with other key stakeholders in the business to set strategy and policies for managing risk in new and emerging products and services
- Managing relationships with internal group counsel (WPP/GroupM) & external law firms and other professional advisors (notably auditors)
- Coordinating the implementation of GroupM level legal initiatives
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be legally astute and be a qualified lawyer who has worked with complex legal challenges of organizations like GroupM as clients and preferably with inhouse experience. You should have significant experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts ideally in a media and/or technology context. Knowledge of intellectual property and/or data privacy desirable.
- Post qualification experience (~10 years)
- Excellent communicator – ability to explain legal issues clearly without jargon to commercial teams and clients
- Ability to draft from precedent and from scratch
- Ability to manage fast-paced workload and escalate issues as appropriate
- Commercial thinker – ability to understand the tensions between commercial objectives and legal requirements, and resolve those tensions
- Operational / commercial experience, must be able to add-value, support / enable / facilitate change
- Collaborative team player, relationship builder with a can-do attitude, lots of energy and drive required
- Fluency in English
- Media / advertising contract experience desirable but not essential
- Fluency in Nordic languages
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $63B in annual media investment through agencies Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM’s portfolio includes Data & Technology, Investment and Services, all united in vision to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people. By leveraging all the benefits of scale, the company innovates, differentiates and generates sustained value for our clients wherever they do business.
Learn more about GroupM Denmark on and as well as our global companies on and
We are looking forward to receiving your application! Please submit together with your CV. Expected start date as soon as possible. For further information please reach out to Johan Hillers on or 6170 5765.
Deadline for applying is on Tuesday the 6th of June.
Job date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 03:25:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Senior #Legal #Counsel #Copenhagen #Denmark