Senior Quality Improver-Costa Rica
Job title: Senior Quality Improver-Costa Rica
Job description: CooperVision, a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses and related products and services. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and daily disposable contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism and presbyopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit
JOB TITLE: Senior Quality Improver
Performs and/ or coordinates specific tasks and functions within the company’s Quality System areas.
- Material quality issues avoidance.
- Evaluate quality issues reports in Manufacturing, Quality Assurance Final Inspection and Quality Assurance Laboratories.
- Investigate Non-Conforming Reports (NCR), laboratory investigations and complaints.
- Prepare rework protocols for NCRs.
- Monitors & measures Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Lead quality improvements projects
- Lead CAPA/PA investigation for Quality System issues & improvement.
- Support to sterilization process requirements, validation, and parametric release parameters.
- Monitors to assure compliance and strengthening of Sterilization Program.
- Develops procedures for quality.
- Assures compliance with laws & regulations.
- Develops & executes engineering studies for new processes /new technology.
- Systems & equipment PM’s SOP’s revisions/ improvements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Five years or more of experience in Quality Engineering.
- Knowledge of Quality System Regulations, FDA, and ISO, MDSAP, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Strong experience in Microbiology concepts (i.e. spores, Bioburden, aseptic techniques, contamination control,
- Knowledge in Steam Sterilization process (autoclave) Desirable
- Strong applied knowledge on statistical tools: DOE, Acceptance Sampling, SPC, etc.
- Computer skills (i.e. excel, word, power point, etc…).
- Problem solving & continuous improvement skills
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge ( desirable)
- Willing to Travel
- Generally works in a closed environment, in office conditions, with loud level of noise and controllable changes of temperature.
- Needs to stand, walk and may be seated for some period of time.
- Could be required to travel.
- Works with a personal computer and programs to prepare documents or reports.
- Applies communication skills (good reading, writing, and technical skills) and mathematical concepts knowledge to perform work and coordinate with others.
- Needs to have analytical capacity and level of professionalism and judgment to resolve problems.
- Bachelor degree in Science with major in Industrial Engineering, Electric or Electronic Engineer
Job date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 00:42:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Senior #Quality #ImproverCosta #Rica