Senior Software Engineer (Lisbon or Remote in Portugal)
Job title: Senior Software Engineer (Lisbon or Remote in Portugal)
Company: FAIRTIQ AG
Job description: We are looking for experienced, Senior Software Engineers to join our ALDO team in Lisbon or remote in Portugal.
What does the ALDO squad do?
At ALDO, we ensure that our users can access the different services and travel legitimately within the many public transport communities covered by FAIRTIQ, while keeping an eye on malicious users. The best part of the challenge? We do it at scale: Our increasing base of 200k+ active users, and the 20M+ journeys already made with FAIRTIQ imply that our system must be built with scalability and reliability at its core.
As a member of ALDO, you will ensure that the different users interacting with our system are known and trusted, and that there will always be a valid ticket waiting for our users to travel. You will also be building systems to detect and prevent fraud, ranging from automation of corrective actions to building assistive tools for fraud management staff to better assess alleged fraud cases and find the needles in the haystack.
Our Technology Profile
- Architecture principles: Microservices, Continuous delivery, Domain Driven Design, Hexagonal architecture, Zero downtime
- Some of the programming languages we use: Java, Kotlin, Python
- Data stores: MongoDB
- API / Messaging: Rest / JSON, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Experience in building scalable and reliable systems
- Develop parts of a highly available backend with a micro service architecture
- Write maintainable, clean, simple, testable, scalable and efficient code
- Monitor production systems
- Participate in the agile process
- Work with developers and product experts to expand our solution worldwide
- Experience in machine learning is a plus
Who we are looking for
- BSc or MSc in computer science or a related field
- At least 4+ years work experience as a backend engineer
- Strong software design skills
- Large-scale system design
- Analytical thinking and good problem solving skills
- Good team player in an agile team
- Creative, self-confident, independent
- Willing to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent English speaking, writing and verbal language skills
We are only accepting candidates who are based in Portugal or Switzerland for this position and do not require a visa/permit to work in Portugal or Switzerland.
Who Are We
FAIRTIQ is the leading software solution that disrupts public transport ticketing. We use innovative algorithms to detect user journeys using data collected by mobile sensors. Since the founding in 2016, our innovative, simple solution has been recognized internationally:
We have grown our partnership network to over 30 partners in the public transportation sector. Thanks to these strategic partnerships, we already cover the entire public transportation system in Switzerland – while also growing internationally, i.e. in Germany, Austria and The Netherlands.
The journey doesn’t stop here – Our mission is to be the number one ticketing app in Europe!
- Let us introduce ourselves:
- Find out more about
At , we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive from it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. FAIRTIQ is a proud equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
Data Protection – Your personal data will be held by Fairtiq for a maximum of 12 months. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. Please contact [email protected] if you wish for your data to be removed.
Powered by JazzHR
Job date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 00:30:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Senior #Software #Engineer #Lisbon #Remote #Portugal