Senior Specialist, Industrial Hygienist Occupational Health
Job title: Senior Specialist, Industrial Hygienist Occupational Health
Company: Oman Oil Company
Job description: Job title
Occupational Health Manager
Lead the implementation of the Occupational Health & industrial hygiene standards to prevent, recognize, evaluate and control health hazards and ergonomics risk factors in, or arising from, the workplaces in OQ8 under Occupational Health Manager scope, through strategic planning, implementation, performance management, and monitoring of all Industrial Hygiene & Ergonomics related practices and programs; overseeing the improvement and supporting the development and integration of local HSE teams; advising on matters related to legislation, standards, techniques, methodologies, equipment, and technologies to evaluate and control health hazards (physical, chemical or biological) and ergonomics risk factors (physical, organizational and cognitive); in order to promote continuous improvement in Occupational Health while complying with applicable laws, regulations and international standards.
The position will act in accordance with the OQ8’s Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines, and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards, Oman’s government & other legal justification’s, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Provide Industrial Hygiene & Ergonomics advice and guidance to all the site’s management and maintain awareness of the latest developments, laws, standards, regulations, best practices, etc. to support continuous improvement of processes and systems.
- Recommend and promote the implementation of a proper framework of Industrial Hygiene & Ergonomics standards in line with corporate objectives and policies to ensure conformity with relevant legislative standards and international best practices.
- Manage and support the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Health and Safety elements of the company’s medical Management System, and ensure that the goals and requirements of the Company’s HSSE Policy and associated Corporate and HSSE Standards are achieved in all activities
- Advise management on workforce Industrial Hygiene & Ergonomics health-related matters and the extent to which operations and administrative procedures are in compliance with local laws, regulations, and standards and implement strategic programs to meet the business needs and international best practices
- Observe, monitor, and report Industrial Hygiene & Ergonomics issues associated with work practices and procedures across the organization, including general indicators and corporate statistics.
- Proactively supervise the preparation of timely and accurate statements and reports to be disseminated to the management team including the performance of Industrial Hygiene & Ergonomics services, statistics, analysis, and recommendations.
- Identify and advise on the procurement of Industrial Hygiene & Ergonomics materials, equipment, systems, software, at all operational’s sites and major projects for best quality, performance, and value.
- Provide recommendations & advice for corrective action. by evaluating and assessing accidents/incidents investigation reports
- Manage oh and industrial lab equipment having the record and inventory of the asset .
- Guide and support th oq8 staff in implementation of industria hygiene programs and practieses
- Counduct survey analysis and interprentation od data / statistic to identify hostspot in the industrial hygiene and the implementention in OQ8
- Provide guidance on matters rrelated to registration , standanrds , techniques, methadolgies, equipments and technologies to identify , assess , control and minimizing Health risks.
- Make sure all Industrial hygiene issue bee discussed and followed .
Internal: With different departments up to the management level, to coordinate the development and implementation of Industrial Hygiene & Ergonomics Occupational Health plans.
External: Health Authority, External medical providers, external consultants, universities, and other relevant external organizations
Notable Working Conditions. Field Operations and office environment, Moderate to intensive computer screen use.
Minimum Qualifications for this position is Bachelor’s in Engineering, or related.
Excellent knowledge of written, read, and spoken English (required) | Arabic – Native (desirable)
Background and experience
Competencies and skills
- 7+ years of experience in a relevant position
- Adaptable and motivated general management strategist who relishes challenges.
- Knowledge of Oil operations and processes, including related health risks.
- Experience and knowledge in Statistical Methods and Inferences, Lean Health care, Concepts and Best Practices in Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, and ergonomics
- Associate Fellow in Industrial Health or similar.
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- Prior experience in conducting safety skills and health programs.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics. •
- Strong management & leadership skills & should be able to work collaboratively with all involved.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural sensitivity.
- Computer literate with expertise in MS Office.
- Experienced in resource control, contract management, and general management.
- Analytical thinking.
- Planning and organization.
- Building collaborative relationships.
- Experience in designing and delivering a medical solution.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Articulate and confident standing up and delivering to large audiences.
- Ability to prepare, update and draft policies, procedures, and guidelines
Location: Duqm, Al Wusta
Job date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 23:44:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Senior #Specialist #Industrial #Hygienist #Occupational #Health