Senior Specialist, Occupational Health Occupational Health
Job title: Senior Specialist, Occupational Health Occupational Health
Company: Oman Oil Company
Job description: Job title
Snr Occupational Health Specialist
*OPEX and/or CAPEX and/or Revenue amount as relevant*
Occupational Health Manager
Provide strong Occupational Health support and services at OQ8 under Occupational Health Manager through (1) The evaluation of the Occupational health programs including medical services (2) Advice on the identification of physical and emotional fitness for work (employees and contractors), (3) Develop, prepare and follow up the progress of performance indicators of occupational health including treating of occupational and environmental diseases, classification in case of any incident involving any medical support in Downstream (LTI – Lost Time Incident; MTC – Medical Treatment Case, RWC – Restricted Work Case; FAC – First-aid Case; work and non-work related cases). (4) Advice and support and execute the day to day administration of occupational health services, urgent care, emergency medical response, case management to clients(employees and contractors), under the guidance of occupational health manager; provide technical advice and support in analyzing sick leave utilization, absenteeism and presenteeism, budgeting, procuring materials and services, liaison with internal and external stakeholders like HR benefits, Health and disability insurance team, PASI, MoMP, MOH, insurers etc.
The position will act in accordance with the OQ8’s Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards, Oman’s government & other legal justification’s, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Organize and oversee the scheduling of pre-placement/pre-assignment/pre-employment and annual/periodic health assessments, wellness initiatives, monitoring of employee illness and absence, provides health counselling and referral services;
- Organize urgent and emergency medical care as necessary and under advice by occupational health manager; Organize and oversee medical contents of ambulances and liaise with emergency plant response team on availability and operation of the ambulance for emergencies and maintenance of it, on a timely basis; Oversee the management of first aid boxes in conjunction with relevant departments
- Liaise with external health agencies (both government and private) under the direction of the occupational health manager, with other departments in the organization for the smooth running of the operations
- Plan activities of Occupational Health team to ensure achievement of relevant commitments, agreed KPI’s, review performance and implement relevant corrective interventions in consultation with occupational health manager & Organize, oversee and administer nursing functions discharged by nurses (contract/regular) and other subordinates
- Plan, organize and conduct health promotion campaigns along with team and in-person as necessary; Promote and foster collaboration and teamwork in management of health issues; play a key role in the formulation of health policies and practices under guidance of occupational health manager; Ensure that health practices are scientifically sound, rigorous and properly managed.
- Ensure accurate documentation and safe storage of employee/patient medical information and comply with strict medical confidentiality; Collect & analyze data and prepare periodic occupational health-related reports for management
- Assist and organize sickness prevention programs, absenteeism, presenteeism, administer sick leave validation from the medical point of view, Provide support for tertiary prevention programs to facilitate early return to work from occupational and personal injury/illness as part of a disability management program.
- Lead occupational health related issue
- Guide and support the HSSE teams and medical team in implementation of occupational Health programs and practeses
- Counduct survey analysis and interprentation od data / statistic to identify hostspot in the occupational health management and the implementention of OH requirement at OQ8 asset .
- Provide guidance on matters rrelated to registration , standanrds , techniques, methadolgies, equipments and technologies to identify , assess , control and minimizing Health risks conditions to conduct medical exams and early diagnosis health disorder ,
Internal: Internal: With different departments up to supervisor level, to coordinate and obtain necessary work permits to operate OH equipment’s & to conduct OH hazards monitoring.
External: Health Authority and other relevant external organizations
Notable Working Conditions. Field Operations and office environment, Moderate to intensive computer screen use.
Minimum Qualifications for this position is MD Degree. Occupational Health specialization. Statistical Methods, Inferences, Health Administration, electronic medical records. Clinical study methods(Clinical Research), Certification in quality management & improvement tools like lean, six sigma methods
Excellent knowledge of written, read, and spoken English (required) | Arabic – Native (desirable)
Background and experience
Competencies and skills
- Relevant experience of 7+ years in clinical field of which at least 5(five) years’ experience in the occupational healthcare setting, with knowledge of safety concepts, root cause analysis and at least 2(two) years’ experience in Trauma Management in Accident & Emergency Unit of a Hospital or CCU
- Experience in occupational health administration, material and service procurement, budget and cost management, healthcare quality, occupational health risks, Clinical data analysis and occupational health research
- Membership/certificate in occupational, trauma life support.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001, ISO 45001 & HSE audits, risk management methods and practices, HAZOP or similar studies & of Omani and International Health and Safety Standards and regulations.
- Proficiency in M/S Office
- Comprehensive understanding of Occupational Health and related compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge of refinery production operations and processes, including related health risks.
- Working knowledge of Omani and international occupational health standards and regulations.
- Prioritization according to business strategy.
- Establishes priorities and works with minimal direction.
- Self-motivated and uses initiative and judgment to attain the best results.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to health, safety and responsible environmental management
- Influencing – Encourages others to change their mindset and/or behaviours to achieve positive work results.
- Commands the respect and attention of others. Motivates people to proactively act.
Location: Duqm, Al Wusta
Job date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 07:31:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Senior #Specialist #Occupational #Health #Occupational #Health