Senior UI/UX Designer (Mobile & Web), Remote in Canada, Contract
Job title: Senior UI/UX Designer (Mobile & Web), Remote in Canada, Contract
Company: Radical I/O Technology Inc.
Job description: Hiya! We’re , a people-first enterprise software development consultancy and lab that develops technology with purpose. We work with cities and organizations to develop meaningful, data-driven solutions that provide people with easy access to information, when and where they need it.
We’re on the lookout for a Senior UI/UX Designer with experience researching, solutioning, and designing mobile and web apps with functional and delightful features that balance addressing our clients’ requirements with their customers’ expectations. You will be the sole designer who is responsible for all design activities and artifacts of new native iOS & Android mobile apps (as companions to an existing web app) that will be distributed to thousands of users in BC within the civic/public good space. We may also ask for your design help on the related responsive web app from time-to-time.
To be successful in this role, you should be highly skilled with design and collaboration software, and flows, wireframes, and prototyping tools, as well ideally have group (clients and/or users) facilitation and user research experience. You should also strive to understand what users need to accomplish within the apps. Ideally, you’ll have experience designing native mobile apps and web apps for enterprise-like organizations. As a senior member of the team, you are able to provide design solutions for complex problems, accomplish work quickly, and are there for your teammates when they need help. Throughout the project, you’ll be working closely with the project manager/product owner (particularly for design iterations and approvals on behalf of our customer), solutions architect, software engineers, and testers.
We are hiring a senior UI/UX designer for a full-time, 3 months+ contract to start in June/July, and most likely moving to freelance/part-time/ad-hoc hours after that (if amenable) in order to support any change requests or unknowns that may occur. You will be working remotely from within Canada, and maximum working hours per week are 35-40 (35 on average). We will be shortlisting candidates within the next 1-2 weeks, with most phone screens and interviews taking place fairly quickly within May.
You’ll do well in this role if you:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with project/product manager and engineers, and then prepare and present rough drafts, including advocating for the whys behind your solutions, to the team and key stakeholders.
- Effectively conceptualize and communicate your ideas and designs, early and iteratively.
- Find creative and effective ways to solve UX and UI challenges.
- Are experienced in creating wireframes (low/med/high fidelity), storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate app ideas, interactions, and designs.
- Design all graphic user interface elements and assets, particularly for addressing various device types, screen sizes, and resolutions.
- Have advanced skills in various design, prototyping, and collaboration software like Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Figma, or similar. (We’ve especially been enjoying using Figma lately.)
- Have tackled interaction design and information architecture.
- Adhere to iOS and Android design guidelines, and know how to balance the need for consistency between platforms with the unique advantages and limitations of each one.
- Create, share, and adhere to design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Research industry trends and competitor and/or peer products.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest design trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Know when and why detailed UI/UX deliverables are needed versus when lighter, leaner approaches are warranted.
We also usually look for people who:
- Have 5+ years of UI/UX experience.
- Can share a strong online portfolio showcasing relevant UI and UX design skills, particularly for native mobile apps as well as responsive web apps.
- Possess a degree or post-graduate diploma in design, computer science, business or related fields,
– or – a combination of experience and relevant certificates/learning/courses. * Have worked within agile processes like Scrum or Kanban, and used tools like JIRA, Slack, or similar.
- Are comfortable working professionally with customers and users in varying industries, especially if you have experience in civic and public organizations.
- Enjoy facilitating workshops and design sprints (nice-to-have).
- Possess a user-centric and advocacy focus, with an ability to quickly learn and adapt to customers’ and users’ wants, needs, and changing expectations.
- Love designing software that users will adore and frequently want to use.
- Are problem-solvers, comfortable with ambiguity and unknowns, and love continuously learning.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate well and often, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Even if we don’t contact you for an interview right away, we often have projects start fairly quickly with new clients, so we will always look through our applicant database first. We’d also love to keep a small roster of people we trust and who we can easily reach out to during these times.
THE OTHER STUFF
This is a remote, work-from-home opportunity, and there is the possibility for the role to be extended or other projects to follow after this one. We prefer to hire folks from the Greater Vancouver Area, then BC and AB in general so we can communicate more in real-time. However, we will also consider other senior engineers from within Canada based on your availability, flexibility to work with overlapping Pacific Time, and your skillset.
As this is a contract, we generally hire self-employed or incorporated people who are comfortable with invoicing for their work. However, for those who are not yet set up in this way, and are employees perhaps looking for temporary roles during this unprecedented pandemic time period, we are also able to put the successful candidate on our payroll as a limited-term, hourly employee. When applying, please select which situation applies to you (we are equally open to either situation). Our budget is within the $55/hour to $75/hour range, depending on if you would like to be paid as an employee or a contractor, as well as the experience you bring to the table.
Please note that due to our work with Canadian government (and related clients) and their data and privacy restrictions, we can only hire people who currently live in Canada and are authorized to work full-time in Canada for any employer, including designers who are in Canada on valid working holiday visas and post-graduate work permits.
Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Expected salary: $55 – 75 per hour
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Mon, 10 May 2021 22:14:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Senior #UIUX #Designer #Mobile #Web #Remote #Canada #Contract