Server Engineer (Linux/Python)
Job title: Server Engineer (Linux/Python)
Company: KLA Corporation
Job description: Company Overview KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
Group/Division The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Engineering, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
We are looking for a Taiwan based Server Support Engineer!
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for providing assistance to field server resources in diagnosing, solving, and debugging server systems, coupled with robust software solutions.
- Lead, own, and provide solutions to complex field server issues where the field server resources has been unable to resolve at customers’ sites.
- Able to travel within region and worldwide to support escalated issues on site under short notice. Travel percentage estimated to be 40%
- Able to clearly document and standardize troubleshooting processes, technical findings, and summarize service reports.
- Contribute to NPI and product sustaining/cost of service reduction by providing feedback on improvement opportunities, participating or owning certain operations in new project introductions, and/or continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- May be involved in providing training to KLA and non KLA personnel.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to field engineers and design engineering team for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT server rack infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Database, network administration, or system administration experience preferable.
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Location: Hsinchu City
Job date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 01:50:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Server #Engineer #LinuxPython