Software Development Manager
Job title: Software Development Manager
Job description: DESCRIPTION
The Selling Partner Support team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive software development manager to support our growth and lead one of our software development teams in Costa Rica. The Selling Partner Support team seeks to improve the experience for Sellers, Vendors and Brand Owners in order to make online selling more attractive to a broader demographic of potential retailers. This team directly impacts cost, selection and the customer experience both internally and externally. If you are passionate about web-based technologies, machine learning, service oriented architectures, lean process principles, and building technology that directly impacts thousands of external partners daily, then the Selling Partner Support team is interested in hearing from you!
Candidates for this position would thrive in a fast-paced environment, understand the software development projects and operations space, and will help us build high quality applications, implement them and minimize the operations required to keep them running on a high demand environment.
As the development manager, you will have technical ownership of the services you create. You’ll lead a talented and nimble team which will encompass the direct management of 5+ engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The Selling Partner Support business requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Hires and develops great people
· Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
· Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
· Strong results orientation
· Thinks big
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 3+ years people management experience
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Project management are a plus.
· Deep hands-on technical expertise
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong business and technical vision
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Experience with agile development methodologies (e.g. SCRUM, KANBAN, XProgramming)
Location: San José
Job date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 03:47:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Software #Development #Manager