Sr. DevOps Engineer
Job title: Sr. DevOps Engineer
Company: NICE CXone
Job description: Description
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Location: Cochabamba, Bolivia.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is an integrated part of the NICE Content Analytics software engineering teams, working on cutting edge cloud technologies to enable customers unparalleled insight and engagement across multiple channels. The Senior DevOps Engineer role will focus on facilitating and building automated pipelines for continuous delivery in the cloud with guaranteed production-level quality and maintainability, recommending and implementing improvements to reduce cycle time and improve quality of the delivered products, as well as performing daily operations such as environmental maintenance and troubleshooting. Additionally, the Senior DevOps Engineer may coach and/or mentor other DevOps and Software Engineers.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following: * Work collaboratively with the Content Analytics teams to develop and execute DevOps related user stories
- Manage Amazon Web Services instances, load balancers, networks, Docker containers, etc.
- Manage daily operations including release pipelines, build tools, and release artifacts
- Perform ongoing maintenance and upgrades of production and non-production environments
- Work closely with the agile teams to design and manage continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Design and develop automated quality and release gates in conjunction with the agile teams
- Identify, research, and prototype new technologies to improve DevOps processes
- Troubleshoot and respond to downtime, performance degradation and outside attacks
- Train and mentor other DevOps and Software engineers
- Be available for occasional weekend or after-hours work as needed
This job description is not all-inclusive, and the employee may perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To Land This Gig You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 6+ years of experience working on software development teams
- 3+ years of experience building and creating Docker containers and Docker-based Microservices or similar technology
- Very good Linux skills
- Proven expertise with one or more scripting languages such as Python, Shell, Bash
- Proven experience with Amazon AWS services including S3, EC2, CloudWatch, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudFormation, and RDS
- Experience with building and operating a continuous delivery pipeline
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, or CloudFormation
- Working knowledge of making business and technical proposals
- Strategic thinker, capable of learning new technologies quickly
- Stays abreast of and passionately evangelizes industry best practices related to DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Mentors co-workers with expertise, and is considered a thought-leader by peers
- Coordinates work with peers in a global and multicultural environment
- Expertise with one or more database engines, including MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
- Experience with Artifactory or similar artifact repositories
- Experience with Jenkins on an administrative level
- Analytics, Big Data or BI experience
- Call center and telecom experience
- Deep knowledge and understanding in one or more of the following areas:
- Database Administration (Structured and/or unstructured, Indexing, Performance Tuning, Backup and restore, data lifecycle management, scaling)
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 Networking Administration (DNS, SSL/TLS, Load Balancing, IPv4 Sub netting, Firewalling, etc.)
- Operating Systems (Linux, Virtualization, Containers, Imaging, Orchestration, Storage types & performance, Monitoring, Capacity Planning)
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.
Job date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 04:14:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!