Store Design Project Manager, HK, Macau & Taiwan
Job title: Store Design Project Manager, HK, Macau & Taiwan
Job description: Aesop has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Our company is determinedly creative, intelligent and progressive, and nurtures these qualities by employing people who share our passionate interest in design, innovation, and incisive enquiry across all fields.
Our organisational culture is entirely unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of courtesy, cordiality and intellectual energy. We seek those who can bring a wealth of life experience and inspired ideas to our table.
In return, we provide comprehensive induction and training programmes, and encourage an inclusive culture that nurtures enduring professional relationships. We also appreciate the benefits that flow from our employees’ external pursuits.
We raise our bar high at Aesop and never lower it; this is one of the keys to our success and one of the many reasons why people wish to work here. If you would like to join Aesop, we invite you to peruse our current career opportunities.
- Preparation of architectural briefs, specific to projects
- Take a collaborative approach to design, through engaging in conversations around stakeholder comment.
- Embed self within the global design world, by remaining informed on captivating contemporary and historical design precedents and imparting this knowledge to the wider team.
- Project manage creative solutions for street and shopping mall retail stores and also department stores in the HK, Macau & Taiwan regions.
- Project manage creative solutions for specialised projects including office spaces, temporary stores and projects in collaboration with other departments.
- Demonstrate exceptional multi-tasking skills, in order to bring multiple creative solutions to fruition and within expected timeframes.
- Manage the expectations of key stakeholders for each project – including design and commercial expectations.
- Lead project management of stores and special projects that are assigned to an external or Internal Architect.
- Survey prospective locations, providing architectural and construction feedback to Aesop HO and Region Asia and also external Architects when needed.
- Provide Aesop feedback to external Architects through written and visual communication
- Monitor budgets and construction schedules reporting back to Retail Development Manager, Asia
- Drafting, review and approving of design & construction contracts
- Organise permitting, engineering and all other external services required for building and occupancy permits.
- Conduct internal post-mortem on projects outlining successes and areas of development with regards to all aspects of the project – sharing this with the wider team.
- Liaise with all external consultants and contractors involved on a project – e.g. Lighting consultants, engineers, building surveyors, etc.
- Procure Aesop supplied fixtures and fittings relative to each project
- Attend site handover meetings, to ensure that conditions are as per signed Aesop lease agreement
- Tender out assigned projects to builders and negotiate through the pricing process.
- Review shop drawings and ensure these are as per documentation approved by Aesop
- Responding to RFIs from contractors
- Conduct factory and local site visits to monitor ongoing quality and report progress back to Region Asia.
- Accept completed store from external construction team and complete detailed build defects list.
- Lead rectification process of all build defects, ensuring these are completed in a timely manner.
Store Maintenance & Small Works
- Design and document thoughtful and practical small-scope solutions in response to retail and maintenance needs.
Reporting & Communication
- Monitor total CAPEX spend for projects with weekly reporting back to Retail Design & Development Manager, Asia.
- Monitor timings of projects, ensuring these are running to schedule – reporting back to the Retail Design & Development Manager, Asia.
- Communicating and project progress and outcomes to wider Aesop HK, Macau & Taiwan business.
- Manage internal stakeholder expectations with regards to assigned projects.
- Maintain interest and knowledge in the skin care, product and retail industries
Amount of Projects
Lead project coordination and excecution with Internal Architects
4 or more major locations/projects per calendar year
Lead project cooridnation with external Archietct
4 or more per calendar year
Maintenance & small works
To be assigned on an as needs basis in addition to above
Job date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 22:39:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Store #Design #Project #Manager #Macau #Taiwan