Supplier Quality Engineering Manager
Job title: Supplier Quality Engineering Manager
Job description: Careers that change lives together, farther away.
Together, we will change health care around the world. Join us in our Mission to relieve pain, restore health, and extend life. Let’s work together to address health care needs and improve patient lives, optimize costs and efficiency. By providing quality care at the lowest possible cost, we will succeed as a company and assume the future of health care.
Medtronic Dominican Republic is looking for our next “Supplier Quality Engineering Manager” This role is in the General Surgery & Market Access (GS&MA) manufacturing network. In this exciting role you will have leadership responsibility for post market Supplier Quality Engineering team supporting the Surgical Innovations business for the LATAM sites (San Isidro, Sai Sabastiao, Ribeirao Preto). The leader is responsible for implementing the vision of “zero defects” as related to quality of components and products from external suppliers. The leader also ensures compliance to Supplier Controls established in Medtronic Quality System and enables integration of requirements from Enterprise Supplier Quality. Role involves leading a team of Supplier Quality Engineers and Receiving Inspection team and this leader is responsible for talent development and growth of team.
A day’s work
As an SQ Engineering Manager, Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, provide strategic direction related to attainment of Supplier Quality improvement initiatives
- Lead and drive Supplier Quality improvements through robust technical solutions and process improvements
- Ensure Supplier Control processes are embedded in daily site activities and provide oversight of adherence to requirements
- Lead team in activities associated with MRB, NCR, and CAPA
- Leads investigation of critical quality issues through use of structured problem-solving approaches like DMAIC, tools like Kepner-Tregoe, Ishikawa to drive to root cause
- Identifies and manages corrective and preventive actions to resolve product quality issues
- Lead team around timely completion of Supplier Change Control activities
- Quality governance of selection of new suppliers to the Approved Supplier List (ASL)
- Collaborates with cross-functional resources to achieve desired results
- Monitor and communicate Supplier Quality performance metrics to the LATAM Manufacturing Site Quality & Operations Leadership
- Trends and monitors performance of suppliers and takes actions when needed
- Provides supervision, coaching and mentoring to direct reports. This includes the areas of priorities, work directions, objectives setting, developmental opportunities including technical competency, and performance management work direction
- Recruit, retain, grow, and manage organizational talent
- Other duties as assigned
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
To be considered for this role, please ensure the minimum requirements are evident on your resume.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or technical field with 5+ years of work experience in Engineering, Quality, and/or experience in a regulated industry with 3+ years of leadership experience OR Advanced Degree in Engineering, Science or technical field with 3+ years of work experience in Engineering, Quality, and/or experience in a regulated industry with 2+ years of leadership experience
Nice to Have
- Prior experience in medical device industry
- DMAIC certification/ Knowledge and experience in areas of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- ASQ certification in Quality Engineering
- Design for Reliability and Manufacturing knowledge
- ISO 13485/GMP experience
- Supplier Controls process knowledge and experience
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated skills in decision making
- Demonstrated ability in coaching/developing team members
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written; Strong interpersonal communication and influence skill
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Very strong in quality and compliance
- Computer skills in MS Office, and Factory Works MES systems desirable
Critical and strategic thinking, decision making, effective negotiation and communication skills, developing and working relationships in the matrix, managing, and developing talents, promoting and managing change. Conflict Management and Resolution, Continuous Improvement, Initiative, Integrity/Interpersonal Skills.
Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus, Car/Gas Allowance, Supplemental Insurance, Lunch Grant, Training & Development, Life Insurance, School Bonus, Option Buy MDT Shares, among others.
- Location: San Isidro Free Zone, Santo Domingo Este. Dominican Republic
- Business Hours: Regular, 08:00 am to 05:00 pm
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
- Posting Date: Oct 18, 2021
- Travel: No
Location: República Dominicana
Job date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 22:10:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Supplier #Quality #Engineering #Manager