Systems Engineers – Sensors – Cork, Ireland
Job title: Systems Engineers – Sensors – Cork, Ireland
Job description: Company: QT Technologies Ireland Limited
Job Area: Engineering Group, Engineering Group
General Summary Researches, designs, develops, and tests operating systems-level software and/or hardware. Designs and coordinates complex engineering projects at the system level. Performs functional decomposition to drive requirements and specifications to both hardware and software. Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system. Ensures system-level performance and power metrics are met. Drives triage of problems at the system level to determine root cause.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Working under close supervision.
- Taking responsibility for own work and making decisions with limited impact; Impact of decisions is readily apparent; errors made typically only impact timeline (i.e., require additional time to correct).
- Using verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information about day-to-day activities to others who are fully knowledgeable in the subject area.
- Completing most tasks with multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
- Exercising some creativity to troubleshoot technical problems or deal with novel circumstances.
- Using deductive problem solving to solve moderately complex problems; most problems have defined processes of diagnosis/detection; some limited data analysis may be required.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
- Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
- Influence over key organizational decisions.
- Role in strategic planning.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Executes individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with close supervision.
- Communicates with project lead via email and direct conversation to provide status and information about impending obstacles.
- Regularly discusses issues with team lead and peers to maintain open communication.
- Collaborates with individuals inside own team to complete the team’s work.
- Adapts to changes and setbacks in order to manage pressure and meet deadlines with some supervision.
- Actively seeks answers for new challenges.
- Contributes to technical conversations with tech leads/managers.
- Collaborates with project team to accomplish project objectives.
- Avoids distractions and deals with setbacks in a timely manner with close supervision.
- Seeks out learning opportunities to increase own knowledge and skill.
- Escalates technical issues to an appropriate party (e.g., project lead, colleagues).
- Contributes to conversations during technical team discussion.
- Appreciates the contributions made by individuals of varying backgrounds, locations, and cultures.
About the role
Qualcomm offers flexible work options tailored to our employee’s needs. These include a combination of work from home and working in our brand new, state of the art office in Penrose Dock, Cork.
Sensors-based technology has a wide range of applications including navigation, gaming, smart user interface, multimedia, virtual reality and augmented reality. This challenging position offers the opportunity to work with leading edge sensor technologies embedded in smartphones, automotive, IOT, smartwatches as well as other consumer electronics devices. Job activities span the whole product life cycle from early R&D to commercial deployment. The successful candidate will work with systems, software, and integration/test engineers in the QCT sensors group
Job responsibilities include:
- Working with global systems and software teams
- Developing sensor algorithms in high level languages (MATLAB, Python) including algorithm performance validation
- Making effective engineering tradeoffs between performance, memory, power consumption, and computational complexity
- Embedded software development in C/C++ for fixed & floating-point based designs
- Creating reports on algorithm evaluation results and delivering complete design and user documentation
The position is technology focused and involves participation in a broad range of sensors systems engineering activities within the Sensors Technologies group
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering/Science, or related field
- 2+ years Systems Engineering or related work experience.
2+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Understanding of basics of digital signal processing, linear algebra, probability and statistics
- Basic Machine Learning concepts including supervised and unsupervised learning, feature extraction, classification, logistic regression, Bayesian inference and Neural Networks
- Familiarity with ML libraries and packages
- Embedded programming skills with C/C++
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- Knowledge of MEMs & inertial sensors
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Bachelors or Masters in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent
Where you will be working
Cork has a proud reputation as Ireland’s second largest economic engine and is now one of the Top 20 location choices in Europe with 39,000 people being employed by over 170 overseas companies.
There’s a growing diversity in the region with people from many nationalities relocating to Cork, relishing the opportunity to work and live in a location that offers an excellent quality of life.
A gateway to Europe, Cork airport provides access to almost 50 international destinations including transatlantic air routes.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protected classification.
What’s on Offer
Apart from working in an open, relaxed and collaborative space, you will enjoy:
- Salary, stock and performance related bonus
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Employee stock purchase scheme
- Matching pension scheme
- Education Assistance
- Relocation and immigration support
- Life, Medical, Income and Travel Insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bicycle purchase scheme
- Employee run clubs, including, running, football, chess, badminton + many more
Education: Bachelors – Computer Science, Bachelors – Engineering, Bachelors – Information Systems
Work Experiences: 1+ years experience with Testing Software such as Bugzilla, LoadRunner, etc. ,1+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization. ,1+ years experience with Database Management Software. ,1+ years experience with Development Environment Software such as Apache Maven, Ruby, etc.
Skills: Decomposition, Enterprise System Implementation, Metrics, Root Cause Analysis, Software Testing Tools
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact .
Job date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 01:50:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Systems #Engineers #Sensors #Cork #Ireland