Technical Director (Platforms) – MediaMonks Malaysia
Job title: Technical Director (Platforms) – MediaMonks Malaysia
Job description: Our Kuala Lumpur office is looking for a Technical Director, Platforms to oversee the quality and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring it is in-line with the company strategy and that projects are delivered on time and budget. This is a hands-on role where you will be expected to code and to hold the overall technical knowledge around MediaMonks, our client solutions and platforms.
What you’ll do
- You’ll vet incoming projects and define our initial response, and take it from there.
- Your extensive expertise in conquering technical challenges will safeguard new projects from the get-go.
- You will engage on the CIO/CTO level to hone in on the best technical architecture to achieve client success.
- You technically guide our development teams to success by setting the future goals working together with the client.
- While based in KL, you will also work with our teams across the world.
- Some of the projects you’ll work on engage with new technologies and can be technically challenging, requiring you to lead the way across uncharted paths of development.
- Once projects have been sold through, you’ll help to prepare them for development by our production strongholds in KL, India, The Netherlands & Argentina.
Become Our Tech Director Overlord In Our New Team in Malaysia
At , you’ll join a fast-moving company with the ambition to become production partner in any field and market. With offices around the world and 5,000+ Monks, we’re leading the industry with integrated teams who are creating awesome work with purpose at scale. As part of this global community, you’ll have incredible colleagues from all parts of the world that all strive to create world-class content. Ready to cut your teeth on a new challenge? We’d love to hear from you.
MediaMonks stands for equal-opportunity employment and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with a custom cover letter tailored to the position.
What you’ll bring
- For this English speaking role, we’re looking for someone with 10+ years of experience in a similar capacity at a high, international level.
- The position involves frequent client contact and builds on your ability to talk about technical matters in a clear-cut way (though you’re free to throw in some specialist terms, just to impress).
- You’re a strong communicator, confident in presenting (technical strategies) to C-level crowds and crystal-clear when it comes to providing updates and flagging issues. You understand and know how to navigate the political balance between enterprise stakeholders.
- When it comes to development, you’re a polyglot with functional knowledge of a wide variety of languages and expert-knowledge of technical architectures and content management systems.
- Hands-on knowledge of prevailing technical stacks is essential as we produce ever more advanced products and (CMS and e-comm) platforms.
- You’re proficient with high-performance solutions that can handle millions of visitors.
- You have a knack for digital thinking and tech trends, demonstrated by your development experience with beta technologies and APIs.
- In addition to knowing your languages, you can advise on hosting infrastructure,
- security, performance issues, and the prevailing internet memes.
- You can compile technical documentation to help instruct development teams, no matter where they are in the world.
- You’re experienced in providing quick ballparks and accurate project estimates,
- clearly defining the scope and underlying assumptions.
- Teamwork is at the core of how you work. You know when you need to acquire
- help from a specialist to help you reach the common end goal.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Academic excellence preferred
- 8+ years industry experience in technology, 3+ years of AEM/CQ5 architecture & development
- 5+ years experience in a cross-functional role, or 2 year+ experience in at least 2 of the following disciplines: Architecture design, Application Development, Web Development, Quality Assurance, Data, Analytics, CRM Operations, Systems
- In-depth knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure, risk management/compliance
- and related information security requirements
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team orientation and sparkling interpersonal skills
- Adobe certification (AEM Developer, AEM Architect, AEM DevOps) preferred
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Job date: Sun, 04 Jul 2021 22:20:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Technical #Director #Platforms #MediaMonks #Malaysia