Technician, Control Systems
Job title: Technician, Control Systems
Company: Oman Oil Company
Job description: Job purpose
Perform Instrument service repair at the designed location, under Supervisor Instrument Services scope, as the focal point of contact; through (1) Executing routine maintenance, and troubleshooting of Instrument installations System Control in designated areas / Plants (including process, utility, power generation, workshop, offices, laboratory) while observing safety rules and contributing in the achievement of KPIs, as per Department Business Plan, (2) Installing and maintaining the operational integrity of instrumentation systems and System Control equipment, and (3) Calibration, installation and repair of Instruments System Control, and use of calibration and test equipment, to minimize downtime, cost-effective and ensure the reliability, availability of equipment.
The position will act in accordance with the OQ8’s Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines, and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards, Oman’s government & other legal justification’s, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities
SoW – Areas
- Heavy Oil Complex Operation (CDU, VDU, SGP, LTU, KTU, DCU, and UGP)
- Hydro Processing Complex (HCU/ARU/SWS/DHT/HPU/PSA)
- Sulfur/Utilities/WWTP Complex Operations (SRU, TGTU, ARU, CRU, SSW, CSW, BFW, Steam Generation, Air, N2, CWT, WWTP)
- Offsite/Logistics Complex (Receiving Terminal, Refinery Tankage, Product Dispatch, Coke and Sulfur Handling, Flare, Buildings)
- Collects data from the field and reports them through proper communication channels.
- Receives assignments or work orders from Instrument Supervisors and coordinates activities with other technicians and operators for solving problems on instrumentation equipment.
- Dismantle and re-assemble pneumatic, hydraulic, valves and replaces or repairs parts.
- Repair and test control valves, using tools such as voltmeter, ammeter, ohmmeter, etc., and referring to wiring diagrams as necessary.
- Maintain and troubleshoot computerized process control equipment such as Remote Terminal Units (RTU) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), using tools such as HART Communicators.
- Install, maintain, repair, and calibrate various detectors, alarm analyzers, and sensors for flow, level, pressure, temperature, and pH.
Assist in maintenance and troubleshooting of complex turbomachinery control systems such as Woodward and CCC
Backround and Experience: Min experience of 4 years as Control Systems or Instrument Technician
Education requirements: Diploma in Electronic and telecommunication or instrument or electrical
- Experience in Control Systems.
- Control System: Maintenance and upkeep of field Controls systems, UPS/BC, and communication systems.
- Broad understanding of relevant processes, plant and equipment Control systems.
- Knowledge in operating and maintaining the reliability of all Control Systems.
Location: Duqm, Al Wusta
Job date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 00:21:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Technician #Control #Systems