Temporary Appointment (364 days): Marketing Specialist (Products), P3, PFP, Geneva, Switzerland
Job title: Temporary Appointment (364 days): Marketing Specialist (Products), P3, PFP, Geneva, Switzerland
Job description: UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) aims to achieve results for children by maximizing UNICEF’s private fundraising and advocacy around the world. To carry out this mission, PFP coordinates fundraising activities and private sector partnerships with offices in over 50 countries. Individual Giving is one of UNICEF’s most critical sources of revenue and the PFP Individual Giving team, which this role would be part of, focuses on supporting countries to grow their individual giving revenue.
The UNICEF Individual Giving area has recently launched a number of new subscription products, co-developed with some of the world’s largest global children’s brand partners. Most significantly Paddington’s Postcards developed in partnership with the iconic and globally renowned Paddington Bear ( ) as well as the global pre-school brand the PJ Masks ( ). After seeing pivotal success in a small number of markets the PFP Individual Giving team are looking to launch the existing products and new products in multiple countries. Building on the success of this new type of product and diversifying our Individual Giving programs across the world. This role will be part of the team helping to export these products globally.
For every child, commitment
The incumbent will support the growth of UNICEF’s programme of existing and new regular giving subscription products to multiple markets. The role will lead on programme co-ordination of markets scaling and piloting the products. Acting as a key central contact including ongoing market engagement, ensuring results are tracked and best practice is shared effectively to get the best outcomes across the programme. The role also leads on project management of product pilots in new markets and provides product and digital marketing expertise to markets running the products. The role sits within the PFP Individual Giving Team and reports to the Global Products Specialist.
How can you make a difference?
- Key day to day contact for markets with live products
- Maintaining a programme timeline of pilots & pipeline of opportunities (including countries interesting in piloting products and new products being developed with partners)
- Helping to document existing subscription products and related performance across all participating countries
- Setting up and managing Global IG Products intranet site including a library of key documents
- Proactively ensuring all learnings are shared cross-markets to maximize programme performance
- Creating guideline documents on products
- Setting up and managing results tracking, ensuring markets are reporting results and learnings on a regular basis and the impact of the programme globally can be understood
- Identifying any activity, such as shared creative assets and tests, that could be funded centrally to support multiple markets
- Organizing and chairing regular products meetings with markets
- Providing regular progress updates for the partners Corporate Relationship Managers (based in UNICEF UK office) and Global Products Specialist
Project Managing Product Pilots
- Act as key contact for new markets piloting existing products
- Assist in the development of market pilot and media plans
- Project management of pilots including managing timelines, leading regular progress meetings, ensuring tasks are completed on time, running kickoff and evaluation sessions
- Delivering through local project managers for each market
- Ensure participating markets have a clear understanding of guidelines and responsibilities for pilots
- Providing expertise and filtering questions through to Global Product Specialist and Corporate Partnerships Manager
- Work with the Partnerships Creative Traffic Manager to ensure markets have adapted product (mail packs) and marketing (digital, TV, print etc.) assets to launch products
- Liaise with markets and global legal team to get relevant legal documentation in place
- Ensure effective lessons learnt provisions are in place at the end of each pilot
Marketing and Products Specialist Support:
- Supporting markets with specialist advice on marketing and product strategy to help them pilot and grow subscription products
- Support Global Products Specialist in other ad hoc tasks supporting the success of the programme
- Maintain a programme timeline and opportunity pipeline
- Products intranet site with all key learnings and guideline documents
- Introduce and manage a reporting structure for monitoring programme performance across markets
- Product pilots delivered to timelines and budget with positive feedback from key stakeholders
- Maintaining strong and excellent relationships with partners, participating markets and UNICEF UK team
Estimated Duration of the contract
- 364 days
Marketing Manager, Individual Giving
- Geneva, Switzerland
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in the field of marketing or related fields is required.
- Alternatively, a first level university degree in a relevant field combined with an additional 2 years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least five years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in digital marketing and/or individual giving and/or ecommerce is required
- This includes minimum of 3 years’ experience project managing digital marketing campaigns including paid social media marketing required
- Proven strong project management capability with experience delivering through others required
- Experience in DRTV and other marketing channels is desirable
- Experience working in subscription products highly desirable
- Experience working in or with the fundraising desirable
- Experience working in global organizations and projects crossing multiple markets desirable
- Ability to work across multiple projects, with multiple stakeholders and moving deadlines highly desirable
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills highly desirable
- Knowledge of United Nations or other international aid or NGOs desirable.
- A highly organized and energetic self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A hands-on approach to problem solving
- Fluency in English is required; proficiency in another official UN language is preferred.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Persuading and Influencing (L II)
- Applying Technical Expertise (L II)
- Entrepreneurial Thinking (L II) are required
To view our competency framework, please visit .
Click to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 16 Jun 2021 W. Europe Daylight Time
Deadline: 30 Jun 2021 W. Europe Daylight Time
Job date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 03:24:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Temporary #Appointment #days #Marketing #Specialist #Products #PFP #Geneva #Switzerland