Territory Manager – Western Norway
Job title: Territory Manager – Western Norway
Job description: No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 106346 – Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Location: Western Norway (i.e. Bergen, Stavanger, Haugesund, Førde, Sogndal etc)
Salary Grade: 9/11
Reporting to: Country Field Sales Manager
Why Work For Hill’s Pet Nutrition:
- The learning & development opportunities: You will refine your commercial mind-set and continue to learn new skills working closely with a cross-functional team giving you exposure to all local market departments.
- The challenge & variety: You will operate in a fast paced operational environment, directly impacting the day-to-day performance of the business, with personal accountability for your business.
- The global experience: You will have the opportunity to work with global brands, participate in global strategies with potential to develop your career internationally.
- The Hill’s Pet Nutrition Values: To help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
Hill’s Pet Nutrition is looking for a Territory Manager for the Western part of Norway (i.e. Bergen, Stavanger, Haugesund, Førde, Sogndal etc), a territory including appr. 100 customers. The position involves responsibility for business development and sales of Hill’s Prescription Diet, Science Plan, VetEssentials brands. This involves technical training and presentation of products to veterinarians, animal care providers and shop staff. You will also prepare commercial business development plans and programs for your customers. In addition, you will represent Hill’s at various events such as congresses and exhibitions.
60% – Clinic / Store Business Development
- Develop deep knowledge of the customers’ business and organization; build a network with key decision makers / key influencers in the vet practice and specialty pet store in the assigned territory
- Provide best in class professional support (detailing, in-clinic/store seminars, technical training, merchandising), reaching all key stakeholders in specified practices and stores
- Identify opportunities in the assigned customer base and develop technical and business propositions that meet the needs of both Hill’s and the customer, resulting in BRMO leadership and superior 6P execution in clinics and stores
- Implement commercial activities to ensure:
- Awareness, full distribution and active endorsement by the veterinary profession of Hill’s products and services in all core disease categories (clinic)
- Full distribution, excellent visibility and active endorsement of Hill’s products by the store staff
- Rapid acceptance, endorsement and distribution of new products
- Establishment of shelf space and adequate inventory within each clinic/store
- Establishment of merchandising and practice protocols to Hill’s standards
- Increase recruitment of new users to Hill’s brands (e.g. active recommendations, trial programs)
- Develop and implement annual joint business/action plans for key veterinary clinics/specialty pet stores, which achieve both the needs of customers and Hill’s overall commercial objectives
- Schedule regular (quarterly) business reviews with the Decision Maker in key veterinary clinic/specialty pet stores to assess the results versus the agreed goals and adjust plans accordingly
20% – Territory Management
- Achieve territory sales targets
- Plan and execute call value (coverage, frequency, productivity) for the territory, based on account classification and required activities
- Timely call reports and record maintenance for the territory
- Review potential of accounts within the territory (every year)
- Promptly identify new accounts and secure strong presence and endorsement for Hill’s brands
- Maintain accurate records in the Hill’s reporting system
- Leverage all Company available tools to drive execution.
10% – Business & Financial Management
- Monitor achievement of territory objectives vs target & develops strategies to address changes in the business environment as appropriate
- Manage the assigned budget and ensure timely and accurate submission of payment requests
- Timely and accurate submission of T&E expenses
5% – Product Knowledge
- Develop and maintain high standards of knowledge in small animal nutrition, Hill’s and competitors’ products through company training and self-study
5% – Meetings & Conferences
- Represent Hill’s at meetings/conferences e.g. Trade shows, Local and National meetings, Client Meetings, Clinic/Store Special events
- Keep abreast of trends and of competitive activity in both the veterinary profession and pet retail environments and share this information with the Head Office in the appropriate forums
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.
We are looking for a person who is ideally trained in animal care, and preferably to have sales experience in the veterinary industry, the pharmaceutical industry or in functional foods, and is located centrally in the district.
- Relevant training or experience as a veterinarian/nurse.
- Relevant marketing experience in customer and business development is a plus.
- Goal and result oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Confident, with a positive attitude and good cooperation skills.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Good English skills (in both speech and writing)
- Effective execution
- Relationship Building
- Consumer/Customer focused
- Planning/Priority Setting
- Influence / Negotiation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
We expect you to have a great drive and are looking for a challenging job in a well-known international company. In the long run, for the right person there are good opportunities to move forward in our Nordic organization.
The main responsibilities for this position are:
- Development of the clinic’s / stores operations and Hill’s brands.
- Effective implementation of business and category development initiatives to achieve sales objectives.
- Implementation of plans that optimize coverage of the territory and efficient visits in order to deliver the very best service to the clinics/ stores and partners.
- Represent Hill’s Pet Nutrition at external meetings and congresses.
Expected percentage of travel: Up to 25%
Expected percentage of time in Field: 90%
Do you want to join our team?
We are continuously recruiting for this service so submit your application. You are welcome to apply in Norwegian and upload your resume in Norwegian as well.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill’s Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills’ mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL’S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL’S® Science Diet® and HILL’S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill’s and Colgate, please visit and , or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact [email protected] with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.
Job date: Fri, 04 Jun 2021 22:31:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Territory #Manager #Western #Norway