Tooling Technician – Costa Rica
Job title: Tooling Technician – Costa Rica
Job description: CooperVision, a division of CooperCompanies (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The Company produces a full array of daily disposable, two-week and monthly contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia and childhood myopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com.
JOB TITLE: Tooling Technician
Responsible for performing dry process monitoring, equipment modification and repairs, molds, fixtures, jigs and/or assemblies, following Cooper Vision Inc. procedures and policies.
- Configures the molding machine, according to the strategies defined to ensure the correct configuration aligned with the planning department.
- Controls and monitors the performance of the configurations installed in the Dry lines, ensuring compliance with key indicators such as:
- Batch rejects due to dimensional or visual problems.
- Rejects of lots by marks on the lens
- Power to target
- Performs maintenance for injection molds, ensuring the operation and start-up in the dry area equipment, following the procedures and policies of Cooper Vision Inc.
- Plans, machines and builds tools, jigs, fixtures, gages, prototype parts, and machine parts.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, drill presses, milling machines, grinders and others to machine parts to specifications.
- Reworks and repairs of parts.
- Reads mechanical drawings and blueprints.
- Updates mechanical drawings and blueprints as required.
- Constructs and/or modifies parts following a mechanical drawing or blueprint.
- Maintains shop equipment in optimal conditions.
- Ensures the cleanness of the insert and machine shop area.
- Repairs machine shop equipment and automated machine mechanisms, linkages and mechanical controls as necessary to support maintenance and production departments.
- Verifies dimension of parts and installation of components.
- Follows LOTO procedures as per compliance regulation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of FDA current GMP/QSR regulation.
- Able to execute responsibilities with minimum assistance.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and use micrometer, caliper, profile projectors, edge finders, height gage, toolmaker microscope, and others.
- Uses insert shop to equipment produce inserts in specifications according to Cooper Vision procedures.
- Uses machine shop equipment to produce parts to specifications according to Cooper Vision procedures or drawings.
- Intermediate domain of the office program, example, excel, word, power point.
- Generally, works in a machine shop environment, with variable level of noise, sometimes requiring ear protection and controllable changes of temperature.
- Needs to stand, walk, bend the body, lean, and/or be seated for a long period of time.
- Works with a personal computer and programs to prepare documents or reports.
- Applies communication skills (advanced reading, writing, and technical skills) and mathematical concepts knowledge to perform work and coordinate with others.
- Needs to have high analytical capacity and level of professionalism and judgement to resolve problems.
- Technical School Graduate or Associate Degree in Tool & Die Maker or equivalent experience.
- Three (3) years technical specialty work experience in similar responsibilities with one (1) in the medical devices/pharmaceutical industry.
Location: Costa Rica
Job date: Wed, 05 May 2021 01:41:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Tooling #Technician #Costa #Rica