Job title: Van Driver/Storeperson
Company: New Zealand Red Cross
Job description: Logistics, Supply & Transport,Retail
Permanent – Part Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Van Driver/Storeperson to be responsible for the co-ordination of weekly collections and deliveries of goods and stock control.
Red Cross is the world’s largest humanitarian organisation, working together towards our mission to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
New Zealand Red Cross is a New Zealand wide organisation with over 11,000 members and 500 plus staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Van Driver/Storeperson
This position is responsible for the smooth co-ordination of the weekly collections, deliveries and stock movement needs of the Auckland Retail Shop.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Collections/ Deliveries for stock, including practical route planning
- Stock management in the stockroom
- Repairs and maintenance as necessary
- Transfer Station/Rubbish runs as required
- Keeping the van clean and tidy at all times
- Carry out all other Red Cross obligations as required.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you (have at least some of these):
- Hold a full, clean New Zealand driver’s license.
- Have experience with driving: a background in driving as a courier, truck driver, buses or similar would be helpful.
- Have experience in building or repair/maintenance work.
- Have good physical strength – there will be heavy lifting involved in this role.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have good time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Are able to mix and work with a wide range of people
Hours of work
Wednesday (7.5 hours = 9am to 5pm)
Thursday (7.5 hours = 9am to 5pm)
Friday (7.5 hours = 9am to 5pm)
Saturday (5.5 hours = 9am to 3pm)
TOTAL = 28 Hours per week.
To download the job description and to apply for this position please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page. If you are already viewing this via the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page, please click the active job description link below.
All applications MUST be submitted online which requires uploading a recent copy of CV, Cover Letter, Passport, and Right to Work(If Not NZ Citizen). Applications close at 05:00 Pm on 30 November 2021.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.
For More Information, please contact Talei Kitchingman, National Retail Manager, at [email protected] Please note: all applications through our on-line processes – not via email please.
Job date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 01:13:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!