Veterinary Medical Director (DVM) – VCA Canada Burnham Mansion Animal Hospital
Job title: Veterinary Medical Director (DVM) – VCA Canada Burnham Mansion Animal Hospital
Company: VCA Canada
Job description: Job Description:
VCA Canada Burnham Mansion Hospital is now hiring for a Medical Director (DVM) to form part of the hospital leadership team, which includes the hospital manager and regional operations director collectively.
The ideal candidate for the Medical Director position will be confident and excited about building a strong team that aligns with our values. You see your team as an integral part of the broader team and you focus on taking the time to know each member, knowing that each person requires a tailored approach when it comes to: learning, performance, and attaining set out goals.
- Primary responsibility will be to work with leadership and hire for your designated area on agreed-upon headcount prior to the Grand Opening
- Training of new staff: provide tour of the hospital, train on procedures and protocols within your designated area, review job descriptions with staff, set goals and plan CE for the year
- Provide veterinary medical care for regular and urgent care appointments
- Oversee surgical and medical cases for veterinary doctors ensuring positive outcomes and accurate estimates
- Review and enhance protocols when required according to regulatory requirements
- Create a culture of “teamwork” and “exceptional client service”
- In partnership with hospital manager and leadership, review financial performance and general operations for areas that require improvement, and to celebrate goals achieved monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Participate in on-going recruitment of qualified Veterinarians for; externships, student DVM opportunities, internships
- Participate in career fairs and conference as opportunities arise
- Experience working as a lead Veterinarian in an active hospital
- Experience leading a team of veterinary professionals when addressing changes and/or improvements to medical protocols
- Dedicated to promoting team-based medicine practices
- The ability to adapt quickly when an urgent case arrives at the hospital
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues, pet parents and community
- Exceptional coaching and mentoring capabilities
Interested in learning more? Email or select “APPLY NOW”.
What VCA Canada Offers
At our core are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. A team we think of as family. When you join our family, VCA Canada offers:
- A caring culture of Wellness, Appreciation, and Acceptance
- Comprehensive compensation structures designed specifically around you (bonus, vacation, moving allowance etc.)
- Continuing education benefits
- Exceptional career development
- Benefits including medical/dental, life and disability for eligible employees
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- Professional dues, including monthly VIN membership
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals
- And more!
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
Job date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 05:49:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#Veterinary #Medical #Director #DVM #VCA #Canada #Burnham #Mansion #Animal #Hospital