VIE – BUSINESS DATA ANALYST (M/W) – BELGIUM
Job title: VIE – BUSINESS DATA ANALYST (M/W) – BELGIUM
Company: Air Liquide
Job description: Company presentation
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients.
Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.
Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long-term performance and contribute to sustainability.
Entity and activity description
Based in Brussels, you will work for and within the Digital & Data Science team, focused on delivering innovative data solutions for Operations, Sales and Energy Management in Air Liquide Large Industries Northern Europe & CIS Countries (NEC), leveraging BI & predictive analytics. As part of this team, you will work on strategic, diverse and agile projects finding new ways to extract value from data for the business and its customers. On this path, you will act as a bridge between the technological and non-technological departments and interact with a network of experts (R&D, smart innovation, performance managers, business developers & sales teams, digital factory teams, etc.).
Missions and Responsibilities
You will join a team of 6, composed of Data Scientists, Business Analysts and Project Managers. As part of the Performance Center, you will work closely together with the groups responsible for optimization of the Air Liquide operation in Benelux, Germany and Russia
As a Business Data Analyst with a North & Central European scope, you will:
- mine, transform and interpret a large number of data sets from our different processed streams:
- Assets performance
- Networks efficiencies
- Market trends (natural gas, electricity, carbon emissions, other green certificates, etc.)
- Portfolio management
- Contractual optionalities
- Commercial excellence
- strengthen Data Scientists solutions by translating business requirements and mastering sales & energy topics;
- analyse results (identifying patterns, risks, opportunities) and turn them into information and comprehensive analysis, that will offer ways to improve the business and thus affect decision making;
- you will directly address and deliver to the relevant members of the business – whether it be the Digital & Data Science team itself or other departments;
- help create new analysis methods, data collection & modelling processes;
- enhance and leverage your knowledge in both mathematics/ statistics/ economics, and scripting languages (R/Python, SQL, others)
Competencies and Profile
- Education background: Master degree from top tier institutions in Engineering, Economics or Business & Management
- Validated first experience within industry, tech or consulting sectors
- Applied experience in one scripting language (Python or R) – SQL will be a real plus
- Notions in machine learning and/or BI & data visualization will be highly appreciated
- Bilingual: English. French/Dutch/German or Russian is a real plus.
As an assertive high potential, you will perfectly fit the job if you are:
- hungry to learn and ready for challenges
- highly analytical and easy-adaptative – you will work on very different topics and will need to be critical towards data, never taking figures and explanations for granted
- willing to work in an agile and problem-solving environment within an established global company
- strong in verbal and written communication
- able to listen to others and work with multiple interfaces from different backgrounds and seniority levels
- a team player and autonomous
Job based in Brussels, Belgium for an initial 12 months period, extendable.
Position open only for candidates eligible to the VIE program. Therefore, only the applicants meeting the requirements of the French V.I.E program will be taken into consideration. Please visit this website for more information about these requirements:
The V.I.E., an international young graduate program, enables young professionals who are less than 28 and European Union nationals to work for a French company in any country of the world. Becoming part of this program means going abroad to carry out a professional assignment for up to 24 months whilst benefiting from social care coverage and an interesting salary, which depends on the host country.
Business France, the French agency for international business development, is in charge of all the administrative procedures of your assignment. For further information, please visit the following link:
Job date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 07:02:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#VIE #BUSINESS #DATA #ANALYST #BELGIUM