WAVEMAKER | Business Director Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job title: WAVEMAKER | Business Director Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job description: Description
Position at Wavemaker
Overview of job
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Business Director. In this role, you will be responsible for the strategy and implementation for prestigious and key clients of Wavemaker. Along with your energetic and passionate team, your goal is to deliver solutions to the client and ensuring smooth account management internally and externally. You will be contributing to the financial, commercial and reputation aspects of the agency where you not only engage in your area of expertise but also touch on offerings across different platforms.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Managing Director.
3 best things about the job: * You will be working in a unique “integrated” agency with digital, media and creative specialists all under one roof.
- You will be working with a truly iconic brand that is looking to bring all the creativity of the house to life in its communications. With the pace of change and magnitude, our client is looking to use to challenge the status quo and lead the way in driving its own transformation.
- You will be part of a team of young passionate individuals with hip leadership and loves thinking outside the box.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Developed an understanding of the client’s business environment, competitive set and direction moving forward.
- Lead and guide the team to deliver the best communications plan to the client and getting an alignment on the strategy/solutions. The hallmarks of great plans on this business offer insights driven data to build business growth for the brand/service.
- Built a relationship with your line reports.
In six months:
- Developed accountability towards the account which would be increasingly performance and e-commerce driven & analytical. This would require your leadership skills to organize and guide your team in providing on-time flawless reporting and constant optimizations.
- Build a relationship with the key stakeholders internally & with key clients, at the same time managing internal business targets and inventory.
In 12 months:
- Propose and implement process enhancements to existing reporting across planning, for the various pillars within the business which optimally meets client expectations.
- Executed across the board potentially award winning campaigns, which have demonstrated media creativity and marketing effectiveness.
- Consistently delivered on media & business targets.
What your day job looks like at Wavemaker:
Client leadership and management
- Foster strong client relationships and develop strong understanding of the client’s business.
- Proactively build relationship with senior marketing clients and position self as trusted advisor to them.
- Provide strategic input to team and lead the delivery of strategic and innovative solutions to clients. Use and apply planning and proprietary tools, and ensure that the team uses and applies our planning processes and tools.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of media and market trends and opportunities and apply them to the client’s business.
- Develop and deliver strategic initiatives on key clients.
- Foster strong relationships with working partners, both internal and external, to deliver collaborative and integrated solutions to clients. Partner with SU leads to drive diversification on portfolio of clients.
- Ensure that the delivery of work across all team members are up to standards.
- Lead in competitive and media market reviews, cost savings exercises, client appraisals of the agency and client business review sessions.
- Manage revenue/P&L for portfolio of clients and achieve targeted revenue growth for the year. As a key revenue contributor, you’ll be expected to meet and exceed fiscal targets.
Team leadership and management
- Lead and motivate team to effectively deliver to client needs, team and company goals.
- Ensure timely team appraisals and clear development goals for team members; identify and follow through on appropriate training and career development for team members.
- Guide and coach the team to improve their skillsets and capabilities.
- Support MD in managing the recruitment and retention of direct reports including building business cases for resources and closing the loop on HR/admin requirements.
Business Operations and Administrative Excellence
- Best in class client implementation support, working with Finance to meet operational and compliance requirements and working with the Commercial Manager to accurately forecast revenue and profitability.
What you’ll bring:
- Strategic and creative in thinking with a business oriented mind-set.
- Ability to work with different stakeholders and manage relationships across all levels.
- Ability to discover and identify the best insight for the brief.
- Clear and effective communication across all area’s – written, verbal, presentation.
- Strong leadership skills to guide and groom team members and be seen as Client’s trusted advisor.
- An interest in overall market development including new technology and other digital formats as well as having strong local media knowledge.
- 10 years of experience in strategic media planning/management and is well versed in various media channels including digital strategy.
- Experience of working across varied categories i.e. FMCG, Telco, etc
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer’s purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world’s most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to
GroupM Malaysia is situated in the prime location of Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya. Malaysia is a multi-racial and multicultural country, there is a strong “Muhibbah” culture and the office environment is full of “Semangat” as half of our talent are below the age of 30.
You can expect diversity, strong collaboration and a fun yet dynamic environment here! With endless growth opportunities for marketing, media and branding professionals, we provide the support to enable ambitions to come to life. If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career in media, there is no better place to be in than Malaysia.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Job date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 01:25:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!
#WAVEMAKER #Business #Director #Kuala #Lumpur #Malaysia